Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Really in need of support and reassurance

Hi everyone

I have never posted on a site like this before but have been reading many threads for months now and thought i would seek advice, support, reassurance. 

I had a miscarriage at 6 weeks in september 2016, should have been 9 weeks - had previously seen the heartbeat following heavy bleeding - haematoma.

Absolutely devastated obviously. Really believed we would struggle to conceive again and became obsessed. 

Was pregnantagain in november. Initally positive but had brown spotting at 5 weeks (since lmp). Same came and went but then waking up with bad pain. Had a scan at what should of been 7+5 - estimated pregnancy at 4-5 weeks - empty gestational sac. Was certain there and then that this is bad news - positive test was several days after missed period.

Said they needed to rescan two weeks later. That was today - foetal pole and yolk sac seen - gestational sac 29mm and foetal pole 4mm. No heartbeat. Estimated pregnancy at 6 weeks

Due to progression have to wait for 1 week. 

Im a nurse and three people have announced their pregnancies on facebook in the last two days

One of which is a collegue who is still on maternity leave with a six months old baby boy. Sorry to go on to anyone reading this. Feels quite good getting everything down on here xx

Replies

• Hi lovely I'm so sorry for your losses 😢 Don't give up hope. I've suffered two missed miscarriages have 4 healthy children and I'm 6+5 now With hopefully number 5 it is hard when you've just lost one and it feels like baby's and pregnant woman are everywhere try to talk to people you will be suprised how many people you know have also lost baby's and go on to have families xxx

• I'm sorry to hear what you're going through, I have a similar kind of story with the miscarriages, I had one in January last year and another in may! Found out I was pregnant again in June had a scan and it showed the sack and yolk but nothing else I was considered 5-6 weeks.. I had to go back 10 days later and there was my baby! I'm now 35 weeks and due at the end of Feb! I fell pregnant 10 days after miscarrying! It does and will happen, don't give up.. Good luck xx

• Thank you both so much for replying. I thought that nobody had, expected an email notification or something. Anyway, its lovely to hear your stories and congratulations to you both. My 2nd pregnancy also resulted in a missed miscarriage although we had a pretty good idea from the scans. I returned a week later and there was no heartbeat and no further growth. Measuring 6 weeks. Exactly the same as the first. 

Your absolutely right. I am an open person and have since shared our news and so many people have shared that they've had miscarriages too. Often more than one. 

I have now been referred to the miscarriage clinic and had thrombophillia bloods taken. Had a d&c with the most recent pregnancy. Karotyping was done and the result- no chromosomal abnormality evident. This was a blow as was hoping for an answer - that the pregnancy wasn't viable. 

The consultant arranged an MRI as suspected a possible ecoptic but wasn't. Saw a fibroid though that is distorting the uterus so he's arranging a hysteroscopy soon. 

Sorry to go on but thought i would update you both. Thank you again. 

Hugs

Charlotte