Forum home› Pregnancy› Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Found A Sac Measuring 5 Weeks But Can't See Baby..😩

Hi My Names Caroline, I Went For A Scan The Other Day Because I Had Some Bleeding & The Lady Found A Sac But No Baby She Said I Have To Go Back In 2 Weeks & Have Another Scan To See If I Have A Baby In There Or If My Baby Has Stopped Growing.. Im Still Bleeding & Passing Quite A Few Bloodclot With Some Be Bellyache At Times.. The Bleeding Seems To Of Calmed Down Now But I Am Still Worried That Its Going To Be Bad News.. Has Anyone Else Been Through This!?..xxxx

Replies

• Options

Hi hun, sorry for the heartache you are going through. Do you know how many weeks you are supposed to be? x

• Options

I have heard of cases where the scan was just too early to detect as the estimation of the age van vary.

Hang in there and wait for the repeat scan. Some women bleed throughout their pregnancy and it is normal for them.

• Options

I Personally Thought I Was Around 10 When I Went But I've Had What I Think Was A Miscarriage This Weekend Its Just Been Different To My Other Two That's All.. The lady Said The Sack Was Measuring Around 5 Weeks Which Would Of Meant It Was A Little To Early To See A baby On A Scan Anyways.. Im Going To Go For My Scan But I'm Not Holding Out Hope That The Baby Is Still There..xx

• Options

Ah I understand if you are 10 weeks on the scan. It should measure more than 5 weeks. It must be nerve wrecking

I guess you worked out based on your last menstrual period

I wish you the best with your rpt scan all the same