Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Possibly a miscarriage

I have a questio. when I realized I was 3 days late for my period I took a test it came back negative but still no sign of my period another 2 days passes by (which now made it 5 days) I took another test which came back positive so of course Im all excited I scheduled an doct appointment and can't wait to tell my boyfriend the news!!! just when I was about to tell him my period came so I didn't get the chance to tell him what does this mean??? Did I have a miscarriage at 4 1/2 weeks??please help me!!!!! 

Replies

• Do you have a picture of the test? Did you use a pink dye, blue dye or digital? It's rare to get false positives so it's possible that what you are going though is a chemical pregnancy... where you conceive but the egg doesnt implant well enough in your uterus and comes away before it gets chance to grow. Hope you are not feeling too bad & know that you should be ok to try again straight away if that is what you want.

• Yes I have a picture image

• Blue dye tests are more known to give what's called 'evaporation lines'... where a very faint line appears but there doesn't appear to be any color to it.... like a shadow. Given that you were 5 days late when you tested a positive result should have been a lot darker / more obvious than that so I think what you have seen is an evap line... which means that you were not pregnant after all. Have you recently come off birth control? That can mess up your cycles for quite a while so might explain the late period.

• No I've never been on birth control