Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Help! Positive tests and now bleeding

I wanted a bit of advice.

On the 26th Of October I was due my period, I have a 26 day cycle and always start the exact same time of day every month. I took a pregnancy test on that day mid afternoon and I had a faint positive, I took two more tests and they all came up positive.

Last night I noticed some brown discharge in my underwear when I went to the bathroom and I had a small amount of blood when I wiped. 

Today the bleeding is only slightly heavier and I have a slight ache to my abdomen, I still have tender breasts and feel bloated however I have taken three tests and all three have come up negative. 

I'm due for bloods tomorrow morning at the EPU. I was just wondering if this happened to anyone else and they had good news at the end of it?

Thank you x

Replies

• Options

You are still fairly early on so depending on the time of day you took the tests & what you had eaten & drunk prior could all have an impact. Remember also that it is easier to get false negatives than false positive. 

Don't lose hope just yet. The bloods will definitely answer what's happening, it is still possible. Fingers crossed for you. 

• Options

Thank you KazzieM. That kind of makes sense coming to think of it, I'm so worried and so is my partner.. I'll update tomorrow.