Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Miscarriage at 16 weeks

2»

Replies

• Just from my scan and they couldn' find anything :(. Dr said maybe it' too early I'm so worried now.

• I just recently lost my baby at 17weeks on April 30 2018. It was just last week. I am so devastated. It took me 5years to conceive after being on the Mirena. He was my miracle baby. I never thought I would have had another baby. My monthly friend was so irregular only 4 to 5 visits a year. My SAC was bulging, and I remember feeling something weird moving inside. I went to the ER due to constant leaking, which I know wasn’t normal. I never experienced that with my 11 year old Son. The US confirm that I was 2cm dilated and the baby’s legs were in my vaginal cavity already. He was live and kicking. They Said I had to terminate. I beg for them to push the baby back in, put me head down and do a circlage, but the MD said it is impossible cuz I was leaking amniotic fluid and I could get infected.  So I was induced and had the baby naturally. I delivered the baby in the Sac And the nurses were so nice. They dressed him up and did foot print and made me spend as much time with him. I cry in the dark and when I am alone. I was so looking forward for Christmas.

• Sophie, reading this has broke my heart :'( I am so sorry to hear this, I think dealing with a miscarriage is hard enough at any stage but knowing your baby was alive and you had to deliver him, I can't imagine how devastated and upset you must be. I found out on the 30th Jan at my 12 week scan that I'd miscarried beginning of January, I took the pills and had several scans after they said baby was gone, 7 weeks later I delivered it :'( I'd been bleeding none stop and now I'm worried it will take a long time for me to conceive again, took me 7 months last year. I hope your seeing a counselor , I am and it's helping alot. My fiance doesn't like to talk about it as it's to upsetting so I need to talk to someone who understands it. Over time it gets easier to deal with, but you will never forget about your son, he will always have a special place in your heart. Big hugs to you xxx

• Rama2, could they not find a sac at all? :( You must be so worried and scared? I was hoping to have fallen last month , I wasn't due until today (7th) but had pink stained tissue a couple of tines from the 3rd so assumed it was late implantation, then last night af reared her ugly head and now I've got awful pains aswel :( I just want to be pregnant again!! Have you had a blood test to check your hcg levels? Xx

• Hi Steffyjane, I was admitted yesterday in a different hospital and the scan shows a sack Dr said to wait and see and that I might miscarriage to me she wasn't sure, she was complaining why I didn't go to my usual hospital. My first result was 795 and second was 1325 the Dr was impressed with the numbers so going for another scan Wednesday fingers cross I still have a bit of hope. Before I have that positive test I have been cramping so badly and did 4 pregnancy tests in hospital all came out negative 2 days after the last negative I test again and it was positive. Keep testing have you also tried conceive plus? 

• Hello, I just lost my baby boy on April 24, 2018. I was 18 weeks. I woke up to a gush and ran to the bathroom, as I began to sit my baby was born. I called the emergency room and they told me there was nothing they could do at this point since I'd passed the baby unless I needed to come in from the bleeding. I called my Dr. that morning who had me get blood tests and a ultrasound. They then sent me home and released my baby boy to me as I was under 20 weeks so nothing had to be done and we wanted to give him a burial. The next day I had found out the laws had changed where I live to over 12 weeks there does have to be a death certificate. The medical examiner and police showed up at my house to investigate, to make sure I hadn't done something to have caused this since the hospital should have had me come in and them had the baby examined not released him with me. After all this confusion, i began to run a fever that weekend and not feel well, that Tuesday after running fever 3 days but only in the evening and night, I went to the emergency room. When the Dr. examined me she found I had retained products. I had to get a D&C and be in the hospital cause I still had fever. After the cultures and blood tests results had come back from when I was in the ER, they discovered I had a UTI, bacterial vaginosis, and tested positive for Group B Strep. I've still been on anibiotics and feel better physically but mentally and emotionally I feel I've been through the ringer. I had found things online about UTIs and bacterial vaginosis being linked to Group B Strep and I had been on antibiotics for UTI at 9 weeks and BV at 12 weeks. They don't test until around 35 weeks for GBS so had no way of knowing this was positive. Also what I've read online, there have been many women waters break prematurely and ended up being positive for GBS. I had a 1st trimester screening done at 13 weeks that was normal and it was not likely there were any birth defects so I ask my Dr. At my follow up appt 2 days ago if the GBS could have been what caused premature labor and she said it was likely but no way to be positive since it wasn't tested for before this happened. I feel a little better that I'm pretty sure of the cause but it frustrates me to know what if they could've tested for this before, would there have been anything they could've done and i rationalize with myself and say if there wasn't anything they could've done before hand then i would've known what was coming and that i was enevidably going to lose my baby. So I guess things happen for a reason but it hurts so bad losing him. This week has been so hard I guess after dealing with everything that's happened the past couple weeks it's finally hitting me and this week we would've found out we were having a boy witch would've completed our family and I would've been starting to prepare things, buy things for him and feeling him move as he grew so it's very hard. On top of it all my husband and I are not getting along very well now after he was so supportive before this week. I kind of feel like my whole world has fallen apart. Also last July we had a missed miscarriage. Learned at 11 weeks it was twins and they'd stopped developing at 7.5 weeks, opted not to do D&C and wait for it naturally but at 14 weeks still nothing so the Dr induced with medication I took by mouth to start the process.

• Thanks so much @SteffyJane, I will always miss him especially now, how mother's day is here. I am finally feeling, a little better, I sleep, shower, dressup and put on makeup. My bleeding is lesser now. I can use liners now, but i wont just incase. I was in the car with my husband and let me tell you. Now that i felt better, he had some things to say to me. I didnt know he blame me for the baby. This baby was everything to him, he has no children. I really want to grow our family, but I feel pressured to have it done right, until i feel scared to try again. So I decided I will quit my field nurse job as,an RN and apply to a Hospital job where I do not have to do so much driving. Then after I can focus on getting pregnant again. I am hoping to be a preggo by October. In the mean time I have an MD appt on the 16, i guess he will tell me if I had an infection which cause my cervix to open and empty my uterus or if i have incompetent cervix (IC). He told me he will test placenta. I will see what he says, maybe I need a cerclage on my next pregnancy. I will pray for all of us.