Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss

Just miscarried: need some support

Replies

• Thank you- I’m going in for bloods again tomorrow and then they said they will phone me to discuss options. I hope they hurry this up. Just feel I want my body back to normal and I want to try again xx 

• They usually take you in within a couple of days so it won't be to long. I was taken in a day later with my first mc xx 

• Thank you. Fingers crossed. I truely don’t know how I’ll cope. X

• I’m so sorry, Hempk. Hopefully they help start the process so you can try again soon.

Does anyone know when it is okay to start having sex again? Im sure it’s different for everyone, but I feel like my body healed very quickly. My bleeding stopped within 5 days and I feel completely back to normal 

• If your bleeding has stopped you are fine to get going! it’s just the risk of infection if you are still spotting x

• Hi MMA. I’m ok thanks. Getting annoyed now. My bleeding stopped last week after 3/4 days and I’ve had nothing. Felt absolutely fine. Last few days had pain that felt like ov but it’s far too early for that, anyway It got stronger and feels like a shooting pain. I’ve has blood in my CM too. Hospital don’t seem to concerned and said to do a preg Test next week and then call them. 

its Like all I do is wait.  Sorry for the rant everyone!! 

Hope everyone is getting on ok. 

Hemp so sorry for your Loss. I hope Hospital see you soon. 

• Krimlong as mma said, I was told when the bleeding stops and I feel emotionally ready, we can start again straight away. i have to wait til next af tho to begin medication again x 

• Hi everyone. I just found out that I’m miscarrying right now. I was close to 13 weeks. I noticed some brown discharge and I started cramping and just felt off all day. My husband took me to the hospital and they did 4 different sonograms and found no heartbeat or baby in the sac. My placenta is still there though. So it’s sending pregnancy hormones to my body and tricking it into thinking i‘m still pregnan. I am devastated. I have a beautiful and sweet 9 year old daughter from a previous relationship and i met my husband 6 years ago (our 2 year marriage anniversary is coming up in sept.) he’s such a wonderful and caring man. I can’t even look at him some days because I just cry. He’s so heartbroken. We were just so happy and looking forward to this. My daughter made a sign for the baby that says “welcome to our family” And I already had friends giving me baby supplies. I stuffed my pregnancy pillow in the closet and hid all of the baby books because I just can’t look at these things right now. Emotionally, I’m trying to hold it together but it’s hard. My body feels like it’s betrayed me. Well, anyway...it’s nice to meet all of you and I send you love and hugs in this difficult time xo

• rrw I'm so sorry for your loss :( . I am still going through the same motions as you, crying at little things like seeing appointment letters ect, it's so hard especially when u are trying to hold it together for your family. It will get easier I promise. Talk to your partner you are both going to need each other more now than ever before xx 

• So sorry for your loss. It’s so heartbreaking. But we are all here to support you as unfortunately we are going through similar experiences. We will get through this together.  

I need some advice. I was early on in my preg with suspected ectopic but as my hcg was dropping and bleeding started they said ectopic won’t be a worry as it won’t grow and Damage my tubes. 

I got brownish discharge 19th/20th May and then clots 21st-24th and then one more day of browish discharge. After that nothing. Everything felt fine. I am still getting positive preg tests Too  

3 day’s ago I was having what felt like similar to ov pains but knew it was too early for that. That pain got worse and on my left side. Hospital weren’t too concerned. 

the last two days I’ve been having brown discharge in my knickers and red spotting mixed with CM when I wipe. The pain has lessened though. 

any Idea what this might be? Surely it’s not af already?x 

• Thank you so much for your kind word. I really appreciate it. I love that this community exists for us all to support one another.

• Hi there, thank you so much for your reply and I’m so sorry that you’re going through this. It sounds similar to what is happening to me. i have had brown discharge and passing small clots since Tuesday. Last night I started having horrible cramps that I can only describe as contractions because they came in waves a couple minutes apart. When I went to the hospital Tuesday the sonogram showed no baby in the sac but my placenta was still in tact. It’s such a confusing time. Lean on your loved ones and be sure to take care of yourself xo

• Hello. I’ve been lurking here for a while but not posting anything. I recently suffered a miscarriage. I was only around 6-7 weeks and hadn’t really told anyone that I was pregnant in the first place. The few people I had told have been really unsympathetic about it and can’t see why I’m so upset. I already have 4 children and I wasn’t planning on having anymore so I was a bit shocked when I first tested positive. Nevertheless I was happy. All I’ve heard was “it wasn‘t meant to be” or ”you still have 4 kids why are you unhappy” or “it wasn’t even really a baby at that stage anyway“ I feel guilty for  being sad. I feel like I’m not allowed to grieve for what could have been because I already have a large family. My husband seems to have moved on so quickly too. I’m not really sure the point on me posting here but I just needed to ent somewher.

thanks for taking the time to read.

• Hi tartan owl. I'm really sorry for your loss, every loss is emotional and upsetting and is hard for anyone to go through. You are not alone, we all understand what you are going through. Stay strong xx 

• Sorry for your loss Tartan Owl😢

first baby 2nd 5th or 20th!! It doesn’t matter it hurts just the same! It’s our decision how many we choose to have people can be so insensitive with conments 😡 we are trying for a 4 th but had 5 losses trying but it’s our decision, yes we have 3 healthy children a definite bonus to which we are truly grateful:)

I hope you begin to slowly feel better plenty of support available here it’s a fab thread for venting off how u feel too

I hope you feel ready to try again soon wishing you lots of luck

Take care of yourself and give yourself time to grieve and heal xxx

• Sorry for your loss tartan owl. Makes me so frustrated when people say things like that. no matter what number baby or how far along you were, it’s still a loss. I hope you take all the time that you need. look after yourself. 

I needed a little bit of advice. 

My main mc bleeding was 21/05-24/05. Then some random spotting a week later. I’m still getting positive pregnancy tests which seem to be stuck at the same level. anyone any idea how long it takes until they become negative? It’s really frustrating me now As I want to start trying again  

Thanks in advance  x 

• I can understand how frustrating this is. 

I was told Wednesday at my 12 week scan that I had a missed miscarriage. I’m having a 3rd lot of bloods for hCG today. 

They still have not started the medical or surgical process for me so I have not yet bled. I want it over and done with to get my body back to normal and I can start afresh and try again. 

• At my 12 wk loss it took 4 weeks before my pg tests and opks went negative & that was after a D&C when it was all removed!

please be careful as you can have retained tissue :/ I had medical management to start me off spotted was re scanned and placenta was still growing was so depressing so from baby passing at 8 weeks D&C at 12 wks negative pg test at 16 weeks was along process just awful

Id ring up the epau and explain your tests aren’t fading but staying the same just to be 100% sure things are going in the right direction XX 

• Aw hemp so sorry to hear. When will they take you into hospital? Sorry that you have to wait so long:-( 

Mma I’ve phoned them so many times, especially as I had pain last week. They don’t seem that concerned. Said it’s normal and keep waiting. I was only 5 weeks along in the preg and my hcg was never really high.  I’ve been doing opks along With the preg tests for extra monitoring. I just want it to hurry up so i can ov/get af and start again  

Frustrating that we keep getting told to wait and wait. Grr. Thank you for replying.x 

• I’m not really sure. Hopefully I’ll find out by the end of the day. Think medical treatment first.