Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Just miscarried: need some support

13»

Replies

• Hi All,

Sorry for your loss Tartan Owl. Its awful when people are not understanding. you are the only person who knows how you feel. I was so mad when people told me how and what to feel. Just ignore them and deal with it your way. These threads really helped me. 

NDG - hope you get some answers soon. They say it’s takes 3 weeks to get a negative pg test. you should see someone if your levels are still high. 

Ive been back and forth since last Saturday, what was thought to be a complete miscarriage they are now worried that I have an eptopic pregnancy as my pregnancy was always PUL. 

I haven’t had any syptoms but because my Hcg levels was on the rise after the bleed they are concerned. 

I saw 1 doctor on Saturday who said operate straight away, I refused as they have no idea and I don’t want them removing a tube and giving me less chance to conceive when I have been trying for years beforehand!!! Also he said this before having my blood results back, then after scaring me and my partner half to death said come back tomorrow for another scan. I said I wanted my blood results.

We went home to be called 3 hours later after waiting up the hospital for hours for nothing. They had gone from 1110 to 936. I thought this was good as they was going down. 

Went back yesterday for my scan, they said they could see some liquid near the cervix but that could be another clot from the bleed but still not sure. I saw another doctor who said they were still concerned about an eptopic and the consultant would be in to see me to offer 3 things

1) just manage it and come in for more blood test and scans. If bloods are going down that is a great sign as looks like a compete miscarriage (when I say great sign I never wanted the miscarriage but that was enough grief and emotion, to have an eptopic and go through surgery would be unbearable)

2) Treat the eptopic miscarriage with methotrexate, this is not so straightforward. They use this drug for chemotherapy and you can’t TTC for 3 months after. image

3) Have keyhole surgery to look in the tubes and remove. However even if not found this could still damage my tubes and end up with the removal of one. I know people can still go ahead and have children with only 1 tube the thought of fertility issues again is so upsetting. 

Anyway after seeing the consultant he straight away said we will go for option 1, the relief from me and partner when he said that without me saying anything. 

So I have to return on Thursday for more bloods and Scans just praying my levels are dropping and I can finally get a negative pg test and we can start trying again. 

It’s crazy all this time praying for high levels and positive Pg tests to be now doing to opposite. I just want to be well and try again. 

Sending lots of love to you all xxx

• Blondielauz

just for re assurance and worst case scenario I lost my Fallopian tube aged 26 and managed to easily conceive another 2 healthy babies:)

My 2nd Fallopian tube is damaged/kinked after a D&C and although it took 2 yrs this time I still by some miracle have fallen pg & I’m 41 😳

Ive also had the keyhole surgery through my old c section scar and my belly button was opened up last August which is when my damaged tube was discovered:/

So what I’m saying is if for any reason you had to have a procedure done it defo won’t put you at a high risk of not conceiving :)

Im a positive outcome after many miscarriages and lots of procedures!

Im sure it won’t come to any of this for you but try not to worry 😘

• Hello Everybody, 

Ive been keeping up with all your messages and I’m so sorry that Some of you are going through these horrid times. I hope everything works out for the better 

• So this isn’t a medical concern. Over the weekend I was asked to talk to my sister about her sons behavior at a relatives wedding (he put his hand in the cake and ran around during the best mans speech, he is 6). I was simply trying to give her a heads up about what they had said because they had talked about asking him not to come to another wedding. She got upset, which I don’t blame her for, but immediately started attacking me and said “don’t take your pain out on me or my children. I can’t help your circumstances“. As if for some unknown reason, my miscarriage was the reason why my cousin didn’t want my sisters son at her wedding...Basically, my sister was fishing for a way to hurt me because she had her feelings hurt. 

Sorry just needed to vent. I told her I was done speaking to her after that. Anyone else being treated like their crazy after a miscarriage? Like suddenly every argument is caused because you’re upset about your miscarriage? Its like someone telling you that you’re only upset about something because you’re on your period 

• Awww virtual hugs to you! I am in the same boat except mine is second miscarriage, though the first was the hardest for me. I miscarried both times before 8wks found out at 9. Concieved december and this year in april. So not far apart at all, i fell pregnant 12 weeks after d&c. This time I've opted for medical so i can atleast be at home. Go with what your body tell you. I wrote a letter for my first rainbow baby and i felt it gave me closure. I plan to do the same with my recent mc too. And pray that we are reunited for eternity in heaven :) hugs to you!

• Hi everyone, we just wanted to let you know, we're all thinking of you and hoping you're all hanging in there. 

• Hi girls. 

I had a early miscarriage last month at 5 weeks. My husband and I have been trying for 5 months (I have a 7yr old to ex partner). As soon as I stopped bleeding I began OPKs and ovulated 6 days later. Now it's 10dpo and I have two days of positives FRERs and suddenly I'm not sure I'm ready for it to be THIS quick! I'm terrified it's gonna happen again!! 

• Hi Chez I know how you feel! I’ve splent most of this year pregnant or miscarrying. We lost the first in Jan, pregnant again end of March, lost the second end of April at 8 weeks and had a period three weeks later and now pregnant again at 5 weeks. I’m terrified we’ll lose this one too. It’s scary! I’m trying to keep calm, keep occupied and rest as much as i can in the evenings. It’s a scary thought but we’ll hopefully both have little rainbow babies in February. Fingers crossed!! 

• I believe I am coming to the end of my first MC. I started having severe cramps and bleeding two days ago and with this being my first pregnancy got strait to the doctors. Sadly they won’t do a scan Or anything until I’m 8 weeks (27th). I feel like I’m in limbo. I am already grieving and and feel heartbroken but a tiny part of me is hoping that I will see a heartbeat at the scan. Is it wrong to hope? 

im so sorry to everyone else that has been through this and hope you are managing to heal physically and mentally?

• Hi hopefullhall,

im so sorry that you’re going through this right now. Can you possibly go to the emergency room? I was able to get a scan that confirmed a miscarriage for myself. It’s been almost one month since I miscarried and it’s true that it gets better day by day but you don’t forget. Be kind to yourself and accept help and suppor. Sending you loving and healing thoughts Xo

• Thank you rrw1006,

sorry to hear about you MC but glad to hear the heart heals but I agree I dint think I will ever forget this feeling. I have considered the ER but they will send me to the same EPU I’m booked with. I have already tried everything to get in earlier. I do understand they may not be able to confirm it if they scan earlier but it hasn’t made it easier just waiting. If you don’t mind me asking when did they scan you? I think it’s time to accept it and let go.

• Hi HopefulHall, 

How far gone are you? I know how hard it is, I've experienced bleeding and cramps in early pregnancy twice and also a late miscarriage at 16 week last month. With my 2 early bleeds I started bleeding at around 6 week and they managed to do a scan then, sadly for myself though even though they found a heartbeat a few days later I miscarried. Can I ask are you having slight spotting or dark red? I really hope this is not the same for you :( may be just try ringing and pestering them until they give in and give you a scan. Keep us updated and hopefully everything turns out ok for you xx

• Hi Sami0227,

I’m so sorry for your loss, I can’t imagine how hard it to go through I miscarraige multiple times! I’m 7+3 and starting with light spotting last Friday which carried on until Tuesday when I started to have very painful cramps and bleeding dark red. today it finally seems to have stopped but I’m sad to admit I no longer feel pregnant. All my symptoms have gone and I just feel painfully empty. I tried everything. To get a scan earlier but they can’t fit me in. I am struggling having to wait. None of my friends have been through this and don’t seem to be comfortable talking. Even though the physical pain has ended the emotional pain is so strong. I’m glad to have found this group it is already helped me with the strength of everyone healing together so thank you xx

• HopefullHall im sorry you have had no one you could really talk to, most people don't know what to say if they haven't been through it themself. This page has helped me alot to so I'm glad we can help :) . With you saying it has gone dark red it does not sound promising :( my bleeds was on and off sometimes for even 2 days :( I really hope though that it's just one of those things and that when you do get a scan baby is perfectly healthy and there is always that chance. With you having multiple miscarriages have you had any tests? Xx

• I can’t blame them I think I would have been the same before going through it myself but hopefully from this I will also be able to help others like you’ve helped me! I’m sorry I seemed to have typed I instead of A in my last message. This is my first pregnancy and miscarriage so I won’t have any tests done. Hopefully I will get the all clear at the scan next week and maybe be ready to try again soon xx

• Have you thought about paying for a private scan? They will be able to see if baby has a heartbeat instead of you going out of your mind waiting for a scan at the hospital xx

• I did look into it but they don’t do them locally to me plus th seem to be surprisingly pricey. I think I’m slowly coming to terms now the scan will just make it official xx

• We got the all clear to start trying again a couple weeks ago, but he wanted me to start tracking my BBT once I have a period. Has anyone taken medication to force a period? My doctor offered that since my periods are so irregular and we want to try taking Clomid (fertility treatment).

• Hi ladies, I just needed somewhere to write all of this down I guess so I can get it out of my head, sorry in advance if it's long and a bit or a ramble/rant. Please only read if you're comfortable to, I mainly just needed to write it all down.

After starting to spot brown blood on Thursday I went to the doctors on Friday who assured me it was probably just old blood and nothing to worry about and so booked me in for an early scan on Saturday for peace of mind. Later that day I started bleeding bright red blood which got heavier and so my Husband insisted on taking me to a&e (this was about half 1 in the morning so a very long wait, lots of drunk people and even very drunk people taking selfies 😞). They wouldn't take me seriously there until I told them that I'd started passing clots and then they rushed me through, still didn't see a doctor for two hours though. When she came she first of all asked me if I knew what was going on (I know this is probably routine but I didn't really have to say the words at that point), she then asked if it was a planned pregnancy and how long we'd been trying, when I said only since March she replied with 'Oh well that's lucky then'. She then did an internal exam and was extremely faffy about getting everything ready, a nurse came in to chaperone and her face when she saw the amount of blood said everything. After the internal exam the doctor asked if I wanted to see one of the clots... I know I'm probably being far too sensitive about things due to the circumstance but I feel like I lost all of my dignity while going through a pretty traumatic experience. It also didn't help that everyone could hear what was going on. 

Scan confirmed what we already knew and now I have to go back for weekly blood tests until my levels are low enough. I don't know what to think or feel right now, one minute I'm ok and then I'm in tears over the smallest thing, I feel like I'm walking round with a massive sign announcing everything to the world. To anyone else who has had to go through this I'm so sorry. 

• Hi Sully112

I’m sorry you have had to go through this. It’s seems the doctors you saw have been very insensitive about what you have been going through. The same happened to me. I got pregnant straight away from ttc and sadly miscarried in a June. The support I got was non existent but I can you it gets easier with time. I still get upset now but not to the same. I spent a week crying non stop and didn’t leave the house once. It took me another week for me to be able to return to work. I found it easier speaking openly about what has happened and I have finally started to come to terms with it. There is nothing anyone can say to make you feel better and you need to let yourself grieve.

I’m more then happy to help support you and My thoughts are with you xx