Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

BFP 4 weeks after miscarriage

I had a miscarriage on the 15th April at 6 weeks. 

I started bleeding on the Monday, and after having 2 bloods tests 48 hours apart they confirmed I had miscarried, the words the doctor used was ‘your levels are so low you will probably get a negative test’

Everything went back to normal, my symptoms (achy boobs, tiredness and sickness) went. 

About a week ago I started feeling really tired again and my boobs are killing me! I haven’t felt sick, although I had no sickness with my little boy. 

So I decided to do a pregnancy test, and I’ve had two BFP from two different brands. 

Could this be still from my MC or could it be a new pregnancy? The lines were very dark and the positive sign came up straight away

I don’t want to get my hopes up. 

Replies

• Can you post a picture?
    Doubt you will get dark lines 4 weeks after MC. When you stopped bleeding?
  • I only bled for about 4 days? So Friday 19th April I would of stopped bleeding. 
    Here’s the test I did today at lunch time 

• Well I would say it's new positive.... your hormones level can't be that hight to give such a strong positive after mc
  • Thank-you! It’s horrible when you can’t enioy it! 
  • @Mumof1ds it's is horrible...I had 3 recurrent MC before getting pregnant again...and I couldn't enjoy it properly till I started to feel baby movements and still on the edge every time. Worried about every single thing that happens, constantly overthink everything. Counting days till baby is here and I will be able to relax and not stress as much.
    Hope this will be sticky bean for you
  • Is there a high chance of miscarriage if you’ve had one before? 
    I know they said mine wasn’t a medical reason which I guess is positive, bits it is so hard to get answers when everyone is so different 
  • It's usually one time thing..you don't have higher chances.
    Why they said it's not medical? Have they made any tests?
  • Okk, so hopefully this time should be ok then.. 😬 
    when they did the scan she said it just didn’t attach and that it wasn’t medical, I didn’t really ask any questions I just wanted to get out 😩 
    im so scared I have even told my partner yet x
  • How far gone are you now?
  • Fingers crossed all will be good for you this time.
    I am 32 weeks now and still worried that something might go wrong 
  • Thank-you. I’m really hoping so! 
    Eeek! Not long to go! I hope the warm weather holds off for you 🤣 x
  • Hey @Mumof1ds i had a miscarriage on march 25th. And we tried again straight after (made sure did pg test after miscarriage to show negative)
    I did a pg test on 16th april and it came back positive. Didnt belive it so did pg tests for a week and ALL positive. My doc also confirmed it with a urine lab test.
    However i am now having bleeding for a week so i am not sure what is happening.
    Good luck all  
  • @SUM308
    aww that’s so lovely, I really really hope things are ok for you! Have you been to see the dr?

Ive just down a CB digital and it was a BFP 2-3 weeks! So I really don’t think it’s from the MC! 
    Oh it’s horrible when you don’t know what’s going on🤯 
    google search after google search! 
  • @MomOf1ds not longans I am counting days now :)
    Nope it will not show that strong...4weeks it is long time and hormones would not stays on that level for so long. And if previous not attached properly it would not be that strong to start with X congratulations
  • On the scan you could see the bleed but nothing there, so it has all gone! 
    Ahhhh. I just want to get past the beginning but then I can try to enjoy it! 
  • It will be hard and if you feel you need some help with your mental health ask MW tos you to Mental health clinic. I had horrible panic attack s,been days I couldn't eat as my stress was so high,days that I been in my bed under cover without any interest of getting up, wanted to sleep all 9 month and ect...it will get easier with time,but might be you will never fill 100% safe.
  • Yeah when I see the MW I will defiantly raise my concerns, plus I have a 3 year old so I can’t let this effect me too much! 
    I’m thinking positive, and I guess at this point that is all I can do! 
    Bless you! That is awful, it’s so horrible when you have no idea what’s going on! I had a 5 day wait between my bleeding starting and my scan last time and I feel like I walked around like a zombie. 
  • It's horribl time..my longest wait was 3 days and it was nightmare with lots of tears