Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

4 early miscarriages now BFP at 11dpo

I've had 4 early miscarriages all between 5 and 10 weeks. I just got a BFP at 11dpo although quite faint it's still visible. Freaking out about what to do next? I am also hypothyroid - my last bloods were 6.95 so meds upped 4 weeks ago to try and stabilise them - next bloods not due for another 2 weeks. Any advice would be truly grateful

Replies

• I'm really sorry to hear you've had to go through mc 4 times. Do you think you being hypo affected it? Did you have the condition prior to getting pregnant? I mc in may and sent off for a home thyroid testing kit last night as I suspect I might be hypo too (my mum is and became so during pregnancy). I've read that levels should be under 2.5 to sustain pregnancy so hopefully your increased meds will get it to below that shortly. 

Fingers crossed with this new pregnancy. A faint bfp is still a bfp!
  • Thank you - the consultant was unsure why I kept miscarrying and wanted to treat the hypothyroidism and vit D deficiency as a belt and braces tactic. Had an early scan yesterday at 6+3 (My date) and seen a 2mm foetal pole with a heartbeat of 109 so I am crossing everything that this little one sticks around and grows for us. The consultant really wanted my TSH to be between 1 and 2 - its sitting at 3.6 but a lot better than its been. I am sorry for your loss x
  • I have hyperthyroidism which I know is slightly different, and also have had multiple miscarriages, I'm now 26 weeks pregnant, the consultant put me on blood thinning injections and asprin which seems to be working. Maybe look into them see if it might work for you :) 
  • Hi sami0227 just wondering how did u get on since I'm pregnant again after 2 Miscarriages n my consultant has me on asprin, waiting for blood tests to come back to see do i need the injections, do u think this helped ur pregnancy thanks xx