Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Could I be pregnant 5 weeks after miscarriage

Hi so I sadly had a miscarriage on the 7/5 2019 I did 2 pregnancy tests about 3 weeks after got negatives. Me and partner decided to let nature take its course so haven't been using contraception havnt had a period since so decided to do another test and got a strong positive is it possible for this to be a new pregnancy and how would I determine how many weeks I am 

Replies

• I’ve heard it’s possible. I was still getting positive on FRER for 5 weeks and a few days after my miscarriage. Then AF showed:( my doc said it was residual HCG. I would suggest getting a blood test and seeing if your hcg doubles every couple of days. I even took tests every day and the lines were getting darker but I was told hcg can fluctuate. I wasted so much money, just want to help someone else not go through that heartache. Sorry for your loss! And praying for you to conceive:)
  • Thank you for your reply yeah it's nerve racking time I'm hope ful because I've had 2 consecutive negatives a week apart before getting this positive.ill definitely be booking into drs though 😊
  • Do you know how hight was your HCG during MC?
    You are very fertile time straight after MC so I would say it it new pregnancy.
    What test did you used for negative and positive Hun? Was it same brand?
  • Yeah it was very low didn't even rise to a 1000 so quite an early pregnancy I think. I always use the cheap blue dye strip's since my drs told me that's all they use lol.starting to feel sick last couple of days and have had loads of like acid burning so I'm crossing everything that this is a new pregnancy and everything goes okay 
  • Can you post test pict?
    I would say it sounds like new pregnancy
  • Havnt got this morning's but just done this one it's definitely a very dark line 
  • Oh yes, that is definitely a good positive fingers crossed for you! Mine was much higher because I was 15 weeks along, mine was like 48,000:/ took almost 6 weeks to clear out 
  • Thank you I'll be booking in to drs in morning hopefully get things clearer 😊