Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss

How long should I bleed for?

Hello

I had a medical management misscarriage on Monday after having it confirmed that my pregnancy had failed. I was told that the first 48 hours the blood would be heavy and in the hour the pregnancy was passing there would be clots. That was five days ago now and I'm still bleeding although I'm not in the pain I was on Monday now it is just normal faint period pain but it still seems like a lot of blood to me. I was wondering how long other people had bled for and how heavy if they have gone through the same thing. 

Replies

• Sorry you're going through this. It's so horrible. I had a natural miscarriage at 8 weeks (started bleeding after scan confirmed it stopped growing at 5/6 weeks). I bled fairly heavily for 27 days. It makes me so grateful my period is usually short.
  • How far gone were you? I was 5 wks 6 days and I bled for 5 days, it was very red and passed some tissue but no more than a medium /heavy period. Its horrible and you feel so helpless x
  • I was 9 weeks when I had the induced misscarriage it's been two weeks one day I'm still bleeding I just want it to go away. I waited 5 years to get pregnant then told the pregnancy had failed