Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Is this a miscarriage?... very confused! (Graphic)

Hi all, I decided to make this post because I am really confused. My last period finished around mid May (after having two in a row virtually with 3 days in between) and then I decided to go on the pill to try and regulate my periods so I started that on the 27th of June after doing a couple of pregnancy tests a week apart that came back negative just to be sure. I had my first break last Wednesday and started bleeding yesterday, it started off light and quickly got very heavy and painful. I then woke up to this in my underwear this morning. I cannot find anything on the internet that matches it 100%, and I’m unsure whether I should go to the doctors about it. Could this be a miscarriage? My mum thinks it could be a fibroid because it seems like it could just be tissue but I'm unconvinced. Really sorry for the graphic photographs but any help would be appreciated massively if anyone has experienced this before.             

Replies

• * Sorry thought I should add the size of it was about 3-4 inches, roughly the size of my thumb. 
  • Hi hun, to me it just looks like shredding. Which is very common with a period. It’s just your lining having a good clean out! A pregnancy test can still show up positive after a miscarriage so maybe try this? Unless you’ve had severe cramping and really heavy blood I would just say it’s the shredding x