Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

I think I’m nearly there!! Pregnancy tests finally fading after miscarriage

MrsH02MrsH02 Regular
edited Oct 28, 2019 2:08PM in Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
So my surgery following my mmc was on weds 9th and I’ve been having positive tests since. I was advised by the hospital to repeat test on weds which will be 3 weeks then if still pos I needed to go in. However this morning- not long ago I poas out of interest as fridays was getting faint and I think I’m nearly there!!! It’s barely a line and incredibly faint. I will test again in the morning to check with fmu and may use one of my sensitive 10miu tests. Just a quick question though, do I count my BFN as cycle day 1 or what and when would anyone advise to start opks I was thinking a week after (or next Sunday). Has anyone else been in this position??? 

Replies

• Options
     It’s so faint but just still there x
  • Options
    So it is unfortunate but nowrmally first day of bleeding is ur cd1, if u didn't have it naturally I would say u start with surgery day. Mc is such a mess that u may get lh surge straight away after hcg is gone. So I would suggest opk as soon as u test negative. Or just leave it as faint line don't need to rly retest after u check fmu, and start opk in few days. 
  • Options
    Thanks @MadDoda I’ve started bbt but my god have I had the weirdest chart!! I’m putting it down to hcg making my temps still quite high! All my temps have been with an hour of each other but seeing as though i was still positive iv been a bit laid back about it. Even ff says my temps are quite high 😳. Tomorrow am I’m going to get back on it religiously 5am on the dot! Hopefully il have a better looking chart then if I get my bfn x
  • Options
    Show me!
  • Options

See I would of said ovulation on cd 14 (day 1 my surgery) but I still have hcg so I’m baffled!! Plus my temps have always been rather elevated! I’m so confused! Oh well hopefully bfn tomorrow and opks can start x
  • Options
    Add hcg tests so the ff will not get confused. And mark cd1 as mc. Yeah if not for hcg I would say u ovulated, but it is actually possible with hcg very very low to ovulate tho, so u can't be sure ATM, could be randome fluke or actual ovulation.
    Ur covered with bd so it's good, if ur temps gonna stay high from now on I would assume ov on either cd14 or cd16, with cd16 being more likely coz of triple rise. If ur temp drops back down I would assume it was just a fluke. So keep regular bd on just in case. 
  • Options
    I’m happy to keep up with the bd’ing!! My poor dh I felt starved when I was told post surgery we couldn’t for 2 weeks 😳
    so out of interest I just did an opk and it was neg in the fact it was low at 0.27, again I’m confused as last time I did one over a week ago there was no line at all?? And I was always told LH won’t start to come in until hcg is out?! Mc seriously does mess with your body!! 
  • Options
    OK u got all Lh concept wrong. First of all it's very individual,  but we always have done throughout the cycle, some ppl get faint lines some hardly any. U can ovulate with hcg, because lh is depressed and can't peak. That doesn't mean it's not there, it has other functions too, it has to be present. Then again hcg is very very low to maybe low enough to remove lh supression making ovulation possible. Another thing is that it fluctuates and it's not necessarily a gradual rise. Here is a lh chart from my university book.

• Options
    Ah right thank you, that makes more sense. From previous opk monitoring I do have some times with no line whatsoever on my opk so always took as a complete neg. my opks didn’t start to get lines usually until I approached ovulation that’s why I got confused this evening 🤷🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️! I will just watch this space and continue to bbt and opk and 🤞🏻 Il catch that egg x