Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Miscarriage no.2/ Pregnancy no.2

I joined this forum back in November 2019 when I found out I was pregnant for the first time in my life. I had never seen two lines on my very own HCG test strip before. The excitement that came over me was incredible. I definitely went from 1-1000 in my head, even if I didn't want to let it show. Within a few days of finding out, I started cramping. Googling my symptoms (which weren't many), I tried to tie them in with the normal early pregnancy symptoms. Unfortunately I had a good idea that this cramping was way too strong to be normal. Soon after, I bled... And oh god did I bleed.  I'm 26, 5ft5 and weigh a little under 59KG. I'm generally a healthy person - rarely unwell and eat extremely healthily. I have PCOS, but not your typical syndrome physical appearances. I never ovulate when I think I am, I never get a period when I expect to and the pain sometimes makes me feel like I'm going to pass out. I dread my period every month but suck it up like a trooper... Like most women who suffer with similar issues. 
January 2020 I found out I was pregnant again... And this time, those pink lines got stronger and I had no serious cramping. I went off my food but had zero sickness. I was tired and on off days of sore boobs, but this was about it. The fact I wasn't throwing up or feeling off colour made me feel a little uncomfortable, which sounds crazy. I know some people just don't get sickness, but I thought me of all people would. I'm such a nauseous normally, I couldn't quite believe it. Me and my partner opted for an early ultrasound a few weeks later which did confirm I was pregnant 6w + 5d. We saw that heart beating and it was the best feeling ever. I needed to pinch myself as I couldn't believe this was happening in MY body. I'd been told I'd struggle to conceive and may need a bit of modern intervention one day. I was always aware of the risks of losing a baby before 12 weeks, but I didn't think of it properly until it actually happened to me. 
A few days after seeing our tiny little alien like baby on ultrasound, I had a sharp pain on the left side of my womb - right where I believed the baby would be in there. It wasn't awfully uncomfortable, but it didn't feel right. The day after I experienced the tiniest bit of blood and it was just pink discharge. The bleeding didn't continue so I felt I had nothing to worry about as many women spot during first trimester and my mother also did around the same time when she was pregnant with me. I felt I was being overly dramatic maybe, but I didn't trust that new pain I had in my womb. My midwife arranged an ultrasound just to double check. I honestly never expected bad news on the morning of my ultrasound, but bad news is what I had as the babies heart was no longer beating. The baby was 7w + 2d. 
I am now two days post D&C, and although the ordeal from scan to waking up back in my bed after the procedure has been mentally and physically exhaustingly, it's only now I feel I have time to gather my thoughts and feelings properly. I have amazing support from family, but somehow I feel alone. I feel a failure. I'm slightly jealous of new mums or mums to be but also extremely happy for them. Was it something I did wrong? I'm eager but frightened to conceive again because now I really know the reality of a miscarriage now. I am hopeful but fear I will go through this again and again. I really want to prevent it from happening again. I feel sore still and rather empty of what I once had, even if it was only tiny still. 
Is there anyone who has experienced similar to me and also has similar health condition? 
Did you manage to go onto having a healthy pregnancy?
What did your doc do to help you reduce the risk of miscarriage? 
💔
K x

Replies

• i just had a mc on feb 3 :( i passed it naturally.....i am currently 4dpo and i plan on testing at 12dpo incase of another mc so i can catch it...i was only 5w and i feel empty too

hun honestly u probably did nothing wrong.....i was told a lot of the time the baby has a chromosome abnormality and the body rejects it.....my dr advised that i start taking prenatals and drinking lots of water....cutting out bad habits even during period....she wants me to try to eat more fruits n vegis which is hard bc i dont like the texture of fruits so i have to buy fruit drinks that have servings of fruit in them and i try my best to have 1 or 2 servings of veggies a day.......she made it a point that the minute i find out im pregnant to call her as soon as possible <3 u just gotta pick up all the pieces hun <3 it is scary but ur not gonna get ur bubba if u dont try again