Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

When to ovulate

I miscarried on 1st Feb 2020 and stopped bleeding on 15th Feb and till today my cycle have not returned. Pls when likely could I ve ovulated during that period. And when would my cycle return. 

Replies

• I’ve heard that doctors tell you to take your next cycle the day you stop bleeding so the 15th feb would be classed as cycle day 1.. not sure how accurate it is but I know someone who’s going through miscarriage and that’s what she’s been told to do.. x
  • Its impossible to predict if and when u ovulate after mc , so u can't predict how long ur cycle gonna be, but most often it shouldn't be longer than 6 weeks, if mc was early. Hugs and I'm sorry for ur loss
  • Should I start counting from the first or last day of bleeding? 
  • I'm not sure coz I never heard of what @WelshGirrl says, but I always counted cycle from first day of bleeding after all my mcs. 
  • MadDoda said:
    I'm not sure coz I never heard of what @WelshGirrl says, but I always counted cycle from first day of bleeding after all my mcs. 
    Tbh with you I wasn’t too sure about it either, someone I’ve been helping told me that’s what her doctors had told her 🙈 I’ve never actively tried to conceive so I can’t say what’s right or wrong 🙈 
  • I don't think it matters at all tho. Coz it's rare for cycle to be the same as before. U gotta track ovulation with opk or bbt to maximise ur chances. 
  • Thanks lovelies