Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Miscarriage at 5 weeks.

Hi Ladies, 

I have been writing all the way long from Italy, since in my Land there is almost no virtual place where it is possible to get support in my current situation. 

So, I have been feeling sick for one week already: I feel severe pain in all my body, from head to toe. 

2 days ago my partner came back home with a pregnancy test , since he thought that maybe some big ormonal changes were going on in my body: the test resulted positive (although the line was quite blurred);

Yesterday I started getting some heavy, stinky bleeding with clots and severe pelvic cramps. 
At the end of the day the bleeding stopped and I found out some passed tissue. 

This morning since I still felt sick I run to the ER and I had to hear that according to blood test and gynecologic exam I AM NOT pregnant and that if I were, I was “lucky” enough to remove everything naturally. 

I am still in denying phase. And I also still feel severe pain in all my body. 

I feel guilty because I usually use to say that I do not want kids, but after seeing this tissue I feel like my energy prevented the embrione from staying safe. 

Offcourse, in Italy miscarriage is still a huge taboo.
Thanks God I live in the Netherlands but it will take a couple of weeks to be back and get proper support. 

Least but not last I suffer from PTSD Complex. So this is sure the last thing it should have happened to me. 

Any thought? 

Thank you in advance! 🙏

Replies

• Hi @Valex im in italy too. Are you italian? The same thing happened to me too.. i think it's a chemical Pregnancy.. so the egg doesn't implant properly and the pregnancy stops... Unfortunately it's very common in the first 6 weeks of pregnancy.. it just happened to me too last week... Although i was only 4 weeks... Maybe give it a few more days, otherwise maybe call your gynaecologist?
  • EmPa said:
    Hi @Valex im in italy too. Are you italian? The same thing happened to me too.. i think it's a chemical Pregnancy.. so the egg doesn't implant properly and the pregnancy stops... Unfortunately it's very common in the first 6 weeks of pregnancy.. it just happened to me too last week... Although i was only 4 weeks... Maybe give it a few more days, otherwise maybe call your gynaecologist?
    Hi EmPa, 
    thank you for your reply! 

I know it’s common, still I cannot really believe it. I keep watching that pic and I feel my heart broken. 

The pain in my body is less severe now: I feel as I had gone through a hardcore gym session. 
    Did you also have any similar symptom? 

Ps Yes, I am Italian and I’m on vacation in Italy right now. And you? 
  • Hey,
    I had horrible cramps one night, really intense.. and my period after was heavy with alot of clots. 
    Sorry you're going through it, its a difficult time..

Yeah im italian. Born in Australia but i live in italy now
  • Hi! 

So is there any way  to talk pvt here?