Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Confused

BranFlakesBranFlakes Regular
edited Aug 21, 2020 7:07PM in Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
I had a miscarriage the first week of Aug.  Went to the dr on Friday the 7th and the dr confirmed everything had passed.  I was not bleeding anymore either. Took a pregnancy test on Tue of this week to make sure the hcg hormone was gone and the test came back negative.  Which it did. Husband and I had sex the night of the 7th and then again last week and a couple of times this week.  I woke up yesterday morning with a headache and sick to the point I was throwing up. Didn't eat anything because I just didn't feel like it. I also woke up this morning feeling nauseous and sick as well and just want to sleep today. I haven't started my period yet since the miscarriage but am feeling a little off.  Is it possible to be pregnant again or would it be too early?  Has anyone else experienced this? 
Thanks in advance. 

Replies

• BranFlakesBranFlakes Regular
    edited Aug 21, 2020 7:10PM
    Just kind of confused.  I forgot to add i was 11 weeks by my last period but the baby only measured 9 with no heartbeat. 
  • Sorry to hear about your mc. You can definitely ovulate before you have your first period. It’s hard to know when after your mc you ovulated, so pregnancy is possible. It could still be your hormones settling down. It wouldn’t hurt to test though. Baby dust to you x 
  • Thank you.   I may do that in a few days if I still feel this way.  I know I took a test last week because the dr said to watch make sure they come up negative. If not then be seen again make sure everything had passed.  And it definitely came up negative last week.  

• I went ahead and took a test this morning. Same test just different lighting.  Is that a faint line?  I know the test I took last week, seems like Tuesday was a complete negative. 
  • It definitely looks like a faint line!! Try again in a few days and hopefully it’s darker!! Xx 
  • Thank you. I definitely will.  I don't want to get my hopes up but I sure am hoping. 
  • Sorry to hear about your recent mc. Its possible to conceive that soon after and that test does look positive to me. I would retest for sure.
  • Thank you.  I am hoping it is positive.  I will definitely retest in a few days. Just not sure if it would show up so soon after. 
  • I mean i would be testing everyday but thats just me i have no self control lol but i think if i remember rightly the hcg levels rise every 48 hours  Please keep us posted. I really hope this is positive for you xx
  • I have 1 test left before I have to make a store run.  Lol.  Oh but I will if I can't control myself for a few more days.   I'm not good at waiting either. 
  • Its a pretty dark line so really if you tested again it should be darker. I used to buy the strips off amazon or ebay you can buy a bulk bag of them for cheap. Fingers crossed for your next test. Looking forward to your update.
  • I waited a while and have tested again.  I used a cheapo 88 cent test from Walmart but it looks like this, this morning.   It wasn't first morning urine but urine after. I'm getting excited thinking that I maybe pregnant.   And you guys have been great btw!!!   The line is there and still a little faint. 

• I've taken several tests now and all seem to be a very faint line.