Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Miscarriage and struggling to conceive

Hi, I am looking for some advice or hope from anyone who may have been through similar. 

I conceived my first child when I was 32 and I was so fortunate to get pregnant on our first try. I now have a happy and healthy 3 and half year old. 

In October last year, we got pregnant again without trying but unfortunately miscarried at around 5/6 weeks. 

We then got pregnant again in January this year and again miscarried again at about 7 weeks.

I have appeared to conceive relatively easy but I don’t understand why I have lost 2 pregnancies so early. 

We are now ttc (2 months) and not getting pregnant. I know it has only been 2 months, but based on previously conceiving, I’m really worried something is wrong or I now can’t have children as I’m now almost 36 and worried I have also left it to late :( 

It is being made incredibly hard with so many friends announcing pregnancies and I don’t really know where to turn now. 

I have been under stress with my mum battling cancer, and actually found out her cancer had spread back in October when I had the first loss. I’m just so upset and worried. I feel so blessed to have a child, and I know I am lucky. I just feel a little low. Any advice or information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you 🙏 

Replies

• Options
    Beni96Beni96 Regular
    edited Aug 24, 2020 12:45PM
    I think your hormones might of gone a bit crazy .. I misscarried one year ago , and only now try to conceive again . I let my body recover first as it is nessecery  In my opinion as misscarrying just like giving birth tires out  our bodies and they need time to recover to get strong again . I took vitamins and folic acid for that whole year , and we will be trying now . I already have a baby girl (6 yr old ) which I gave birth to when I was 18 I’m 24 now.