Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

12 weeks, spotting last 2 days..

I'm 12 weeks today, was so looking forward to getting to this point, but Monday night I had light spotting which I'm completely freaked out about as I misscarried 6 months ago at 6 weeks and this is exactly how it started. I rang the emergency room and they told me come up and I was given a scan which showed the baby wiggling around , the doctor also gave me an internal and said my cervix was closed and she could see old blood but no fresh blood which is good. But my anxiety is through the roof that this is the beginning of a a mc like last time. I still have light spotting which is brown/pink in colour. Basically just looking for some reassurance from any moms that have been in similar situations and what the outcome was, I'm trying not to worry but its so hard.

Replies

• Options
    Hi @Teddy0421 sorry to hear about your scare. I was in the same situation last weekend where my husband spotted blood in the toilet after I didn't flush during the night. I too went straight to the hospital and had the exact same as you with a scan and saw the baby wriggling around then had cervix exam. I am 15 weeks now. I too have had 2 miscarriages in the last year so was so anxious. I spotted brown with small clots for 2 days after I went to the hospital but thankfully it has settled now. I understand the anxiety and I honestly feel I won't fully breath until I have this baby but I am trying to be positive. Wishing you all the best x