Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

I feel so jealous! :(

Well hi again everyone, I haven't been in touch for ages, mainly because we have put TTC on hold as I was recently made redundant, following my miscarriage image
Well today we had what should have been fantastic news - my brother & sister-in-law are pregnant! (they wern't even trying) I know we should feel elated for them but we just feel so upset & well I don't know if jealous is the right word, but I feel so jealous! We have been trying for so long & just when we thought we'd cracked it we lost our little grape. It was so hard to sound happy for them on the phone when all I wanted to do was burst out crying. I don't want to feel like this & know I shouldn't but I don't know what else to do. If anyone else has felt like this please reply so we know we're not alone.

Replies

• Hi Hun,
    Sorry to hear about your MC, you are def not the only one to feel this way, I feel exactly the same. In fact one of my close friends is pregnant and is due 3 days after what would have been my due date and I found it really hard when she announced her news on fb and seeing her scan pics was really hard! I actually took her off my fb as I was finding it too hard to see. It does get easier though, and I'm sure soon you will be excited about being an aunty and uncle, but right now you just have to focus on grieving and trying to move on, (easier said then done) you will never forget you little grape but it does get easier, take care hun xxxx
  • Thanx babe, thats sweet of you, it seems everybody is pregnant around me at the moment, My cousin is due in Sept, 1 of my friends is due in 6 weeks, 1 in October & another in December!! I would have been November! I'm glad its not just me, I didn't want to sound like a uncaring cow. We haven't told our families that we are trying or that we had the miscarriage either. Thanx hun. xx
  • Hi hun,

So sorry you feel like this. My SIL had her baby 4 weeks after i lost mine and i did nothing but cry but at the end of the day you're grieving for your little one that you lost.

Take the time you need to feel sad, don't worry about what anyone else thinks, they would feel exactly the same if the situations were reversed!

Hope you feel better soon!
    xx
  • You are 100% normal!!!
    I ache every time i see my friend who is due in November and my cousins also due november i wouldnt have been till fen which is when my other firend is due and i cant bare to see her hardly! You have to grieve for your grape and it must be hard that the family dont know about the mc so you have to hide it bless ya! But im hoping and believeing the ladies on here when they say it will get easier hope you heal soon xxx
  • I hope you are right hun, I so don't want to feel like this but I actually feel a tinge of hatred towards them for getting pregnant so easily & because they wern't even trying. I am dreading having to see them & see her as she gets bigger, but what can I do? I am hoping to start TTC again soon, I have re-started Metformin & have been taking it for the last month so hopefully my cycles should be ok when we do. I just feel as though everything is against us at the moment. image Thanx for your kind words though ladies, I'm glad you don't think I'm being awful. xx