Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

A Project to Honor Our Lost Little Ones

Hi everyone,

I have a question to ask you, please keep reading <3

First I just want to say I'm so so sorry for what you're going through. I am currently awaiting my second miscarriage after learning that there is no heartbeat at 8 weeks. I know for myself that this is an experience that is deeply hard to make sense of and a very lonely one- I feel cut-off from the world and from myself.

I am an artist and I have been thinking about ways to honor this little life that was real and existed in me, maybe you have had similar thoughts (if you haven't that is completely ok too). I would like to create an artwork using the sonogram photos from my lost pregnancies- but I want this project to be bigger than me. I want to make an artwork that lets the world know that miscarriage is not a taboo, it is real and, unfortunately, very common. I'd like to open up this project to anyone who would find healing or meaning in including an image of their lost one(s) in this project.

I don't yet know what this work will look like. I think the images will inspire that. What I do know is that I want to create something for US, something to show that we are not alone and that these little lives meant something.

If you'd like to be a part of this project or just want to connect you can either respond to this message on the forum or email me at hollyrusso12@gmail.com. You can attach any sonogram photo(s) to the email and a sentence or short paragraph about your lost one or your experience, if that offers you some healing or consolation.

Sending love to all of you. We're not alone in this.