Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Does anyone still count the weeks...

I know this is a strange topic & I dont want to bring anyone down at all but does anyone count how many weeks they would've been or is it me & am I a weirdo!!! (actually dont answer that cause i must be)

I feel alright really I do but I have this problem have never done it before I count each week that I would've been pg at the moment I wouldve been 17+2!! How sad is that, im wondering if it's a sign that even though I feel ok im maybe not quite there emotionally & havent quite let go yet. I realised when I went for my scan last week the epu printed the notes from it as if it was from my last pg so it showed the edd & how many weeks gestation I would've been realised that I wasnt surprised at how far I'd be gone as already knew!! xx

Replies

• Laujai
    You are not a weirdo and if you are it means I am too! I was tupid and marked off all the weeks in my diary for this and next year so had to throw them both out - but I still count the weeks and what would of been my 12 weeks scan is on Friday but AF is due that day instead! Hopefully its a good omen and it will be a BFP!

I dont think it means you are not ready to try again or nor over it it just means you havnt forgetton what was a wonderful thing while it lasted and I keep myself sane by thinking that the same little bean will be visiting us again just at a later date, it helps me to think I didnt lose a baby just delayed it - hope it helps you and Ive reserved some special babydust for you after all your heartache over the past few weeks.
  • I would have been 24+2 today and viable! I've also just passed the point in this pregnancy where I lost Grace but have had a scan and all is well! So a tough emotional week!

You never forget.

Hugs Gecko x
  • Hi there
    It is not stupid at all - I totally did that right up to the due date.
    I think one of the reasons it has been good to put the due date behind me is that I can't do it anymore. It is quite sad but at the same time there is some closure.
    Dx
  • laujai you are not a wierdo! I keep thinking every time i see people i havent seen for a while that they would've been meeting my bump as well by now image i would most likely know whether i'd be having a boy or a girl as well and be buying alll the wonderful things i need image in fact for some reason today i've had a mind full of thoughts when i have been fine the last week. i guess it cus now i'm in the 2ww it's up to nature to take its course and there's nothing i can do! x
  • Don't worry laujai you're not the only one.

I'm off work at the moment so I deliberately make sure I don't know what the date is. But when I look in my diary it hurts cos I had marked off all the weeks right up until my edd in April, and today I spent ages scribbling out the dates for my consultant appointment and 20 week scan. Like daffodil said - I think the only positive to reaching my edd will be that I can't count down the weeks any more. It's totally natural - we should all still be pregnant and it is bound to pray on our minds. This week I am mainly mourning the fact that I won't be able to wrap up in cosy maternity cardigans. I suppose it's very superficial, but I had really been looking forward to a snuggly pregnant winter.

It doesn't make you weird - it makes you HUMAN!
    xxxSara
  • I did the same right up until my edd last week but with this last mc it was so early that dates don't bother me - which is lucky because one of my friends is due on the same day in May I would have been!

• We'll if you're a weirdo we're all weirdos together!! Think the others have said it all, we'll never forget our lost little beans. I think it's especially hard when it comes to important dates and events I struggled when it would have been my 12 week scan (or 20 week for the previous pregnancy, they were 8 weeks apart so was doubly hard) and I'm pretty sure christmas will be hard too. Just have to keep thinking that we will get our longed for baby one day xx
  • I don't partic count the weeks, but coz I'm on call every 5th weekend, I'd counted how many on call weekends I had before mat leave, and been happily couting them down. I'm always in a grump when I'm on call anyway, but now I'm thinking i would've only had 4 left. I know I'll count them all up again next time tho - I won't be able to help myself!!
  • I can't help it. I would have been 9 weeks today x x x
  • I totally do the same, i would have been 20 weeks this friday xx
  • I do too - it's normal I think to do that. I would have been 9+2 today. DH's family are over next week as they live in Australia and we were going to tell all our parents together at 10+3 so gutted that we've now had to tell them on the phone about our mc. Prob won't ever get to tell them in person that we're pg, whenever that is.
  • Thanks girls, I know we dont forget I suppose with the 1st 1 I kinda had a constant reminder cause I was 1 month ahead of my SIL so could see her changing as I would've been, the 2nd was so early but I know my edd would've been 17th Feb but then fell pg the month after. I've too got the wks marked off in my calender but didnt see the point chucking it as year is nearly over. I feel a bit better knowing im not the only one.

Soon well be counting & experiencing each week that passes xxx
  • Know exactly how you're feeling Lau.

Up until today I've counted off the weeks from my January bean - would have been due today :\(

I've since had 2 chemical pregnancies but haven't kept their edd with me - I guess because as far as I was concerned I was 6 weeks pg in January when I got AF - with the other 2 I'd tested early so my mind kind of identified the AF rather than the pregnancy.

I suppose it's good that I've got to the edd as now - like others have said - I haven't got anything left to countdown to, so I can move on and wait for the next time to countdown.

You're definately not wierd - I think it's part of the maternal instinct in a way to keep a check on our babies :\)
  • Hi Lily

Im sorry I didnt know today was your edd (just updated on your thread) no wonder your feeling a bit rubbish, hugs hun.

Yea your all right after passing edd of the 1st I felt more at peace & then didnt bother with the 2nd as like you said didnt have much time to register the 2nd pg as was confused by all the tests, only took it in when GP confirmed likely to be early mc & then started to bleed a day later!! I like your way of thinking about the maternal instinct keeping check on our babies.

Lots of love & hugs xxxx
  • Hi hun,
    Just read and replied on my thread hunny image

Yep - today was the day, hubs even remembered - albeit a bit late and text me earlier just to say how much he loved me and he knew what today was and that by hook or by crook we'd get there eventually - very sweet of him image

I'll be fine in a couple of days - it kind of crept up on me out of nowhere - I think I'd been feeling a bit low last week but then when I got the BFN yesterday - well, it kinda floored me for a bit...

But picking up and dusting off by the weekend - nice cold beer tonight should do the trick I reckon image

I really do believe it's the maternal instinct - from the moment we know we are pg we do nothing but worry about our beans - why should it be any different when they don't stay with us? I'd like to think that my mental acknowledgement of my little bean goes a long way in the grieving process for me and in the passing process for the bean image
  • Hi ladies, can i join the weirdo gang too? I would have been 19+3 today - made the silly mistake of marking my weeks on my calendar at work and keep catching glances of it x
  • I do too, would have been 14 weeks today x
  • It's so sad isn't it. My bracelet with a little twinkle star on arrived today and it's so nice to have it on x x
  • my baby would have been due on october 16th,so i may or may not have had it by now.........as some of you know i was finding it very tough,especially leading up to the birth date.....im so so grateful and glad that im PG again when the due date came round,it was somehow easier to deal with,but you never will forget,and i dont want to either,as that baby was a huge part of our lives for nearly 10 weeks,and is still so sadly missed.

xxxxx
  • I still count hun - I would have been 29 weeks + 1 and would have been due 5th Jan.
    Gonna release a sky latern I have decided and have my bracelet which gives me comfort.
    But still get teary - its so hard image

Big hugs all round girls - hope everyone is OK

xxx