Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

sadly mc again today : (

This is my beautiful nephew, he is the cutest litttle boy ever!!!

Replies

• Hi ladies,

You may remember i thought i mc nearly 3 weeks ago, then the doc told me i was still preg, but i had some probs with my hcg levels not doubling, sadly i started to mc again this morning and was in agony. Went to A&E cos i thought it was eptopic, they told me my levels were too low (which i have known all along!) but they still refused to scan me, so i have to go back in tomorrow to confirm everthing is out. (and rule out eptopic) im a bit cross about this cos its been 17 days since first heavy bleed and i feel they are putting me in danger (I am now 7 1/2 weeks)

I am obvioulsy gutted and i have all the same feelings as last time, 2moro they may be able to tell me if it was mulipltle preg. i feel so sad still and fed up with myself (and body!)

I have decided to stop next trying until next year now, i need to recover and want to try and enjoy christmas without worrying about testing, checking, and symptom spotting etc etc If i were to fall and then it go wrong again so soon i think i would lose the plot completely.

Good luck to you all, as i said previously, your bfp's are so well deserved. I will keep checking to see how your all getting on.

Gem xxx
  • Oh sweetie- I hope you get your answers soon!

Big hugs xxx
  • Hey Gem - just answered you in ttc...but wanted to send you lots of hugs xxxx
  • Hi Gem

I am so sorry that you are still going through all this and your doctors/hospital are being so useless. I cannot believe they didn't scan you. I am literally speechless about that.

Just to let you know that I had another VERY heavy bleed about 2 1/2 weeks after the main bleeding finished and it was extremely painful (probably even more painful than the actual mc) and a lot more parts of the pregnancy came out then. In between the 2 bleeds my HCG levels were still quite high.

Good luck with everything and do make sure you let us know how you are getting on.

Take care, NN xx
  • I am sorry honey xx I also had another more painful bleed about a week after the first one. I don't think it is uncommon to have more than one bleed although I know that won't make you feel any better right now xx Hope your ok xx
  • Hi Gem

What are they doing tomorrow to confirm everything is now gone? Are they scanning you finally? And how are they confirming if you had a multiple pregnancy? I am so sorry for what you are going through. They seem to be drawing an already difficult situation out even more than is necessary.

Have they offered an erpc to you at all? I was 10wks when I went in and found out I had a mmc but they still scanned me and kept saying I must have only been 7 wks (and my dates were wrong). So if they think you are 7.5 wks then they should be able to scan you!! At least to check what's left. I ended up having a missed mc and I was rescanned again (for the 3rd time) before my erpc to make sure it was still best to go ahead with it. I found it gave me some closure and it didn't continue to be drawn out anymore.

I hope you get some answers tomorrow.
    xx
  • Thanks again for all your lovely comments,

Well i go in in a few hours and i have no idea what to expect. I have actually only been bleeding very lightly since yesterday morning and the cramps stopped, I was expected to be flooded again but it hasnt happened yet so i suspect there's still more to come. I'm wondering if i will be offered a d & c today as my body doesnt seem to be doing a very good job. Im really scared about this and would prefer to manage this naturally, but also l would like some closure. (very amercian)

I know it's going to be sad looking at an empty scan. I felt a bit like that before when they scaned for PCOS and i wasnt even trying then!!!

Anyway i will update when i get home this afternoon... hope your all having a good day x

• How are you Gem? Hope you're ok xx
  • Sad conclusion to all this...

I went in for scan yesterday and was told it WAS an ectopic! (which i have been suggesting to doc for weeks!!!) and it had burst and i was bleeding internally. I had to be admitted there and then and i was operated on last night, i spent the night in hospital and home tonight.

I feel like i have been run over! I have had 8 awful weeks and this has got to have been the worst ever conclusion. I havent cried yet, but i think im still in shock and my body is in recovery. I think this will take some time to get over. I had already decided to wait until the new year, but now i definalty have to wait at least 3 months. To be honest, this has been the scarest thing ever, it has taken the joy out of pregnancy for me, and ive been told my fertility has now reduced to 60% and ive got a 15% chance of it happening again! Im so sad.

My husband is lovely and would make a great dad, we are both nice, kind people, and we spend so much of our time helping others, baby sitting our neices and nephews and looking after our family and friends. It just seems so unfair. (Sorry, im very confused and cant stop thinking about how and why this has happended to us.. i know there are no answers, just feeling very emotional)

Im sure in a few days when im feeling less tired and sore, i'll get back on here and write a bit more.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask.

Love Gem x
  • Gosh you poor thing, can't believe they didn't pick that up, hope you get lots of rest and tlc xxx
  • I'm so sorry it turned out to be ectopic Gem, its no wonder you're feeling emotional after everything that has happened. I was the same after my mc, just kept thinking why had it happened to us when we had done everything right, but there really are no answers. Its just totally crap and unfair, but no matter how down you are feeling right now I promise you will start to heal and be able to come through this. I thought the sadness would never go, but I remember the first time that I got through a day without crying was when I actually thought that it was going to be ok.

I'm sure you'll feel up & down for a while, but remember we're all here whenever you need to talk. I really hope you're ok,

Caroline xxx
  • Hi Gem78

If you want to email me or anything, I know what you are going through so I am happy to chat

Lots of love x