Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Discharge letter after ERPC

I was just wondering if anyone had one sent to their GP after an ERPC/D&C? I was told I would do and have never had anything (i'm in the RAF though and our med centres are notorious for being rubbish). I've chased it today (I had my ERPC on 27th Apr) and apparently it should be sent soon. Is it normal to wait so long? When I had my scan that found my baby had no heartbeat they also found a cyst on my left ovary and i've been worrying about it ever since especially as i've been pretty bad ovulation pains.

One other thing is that they printed off the scan picture and said they''d keep it with my notes until we decided what we wanted to do with it, but when I asked where it was as my husband wants it they said they weren't sure that was allowed! Surely my husband and I have a right to it as it was our baby. It's not that we want to look at it but don't like that it's just in some drawer somewhere xx

Replies

• Options
    Did anybody get a discharge letter?
  • Options
    Hi KWN, sorry for your loss. I had a mmc in December, just in time for Christmas!!!!!!!!

Yes, I did get a discharge letter. It was given to me just before I left the hospital and I handed it to the receptionist at my Dr's when I cancelled my second midwife appointment.

hth
  • Options
    I had a mmc in november last year, but I can't remember a discharge letter from hospital. I was given some paperwork to take home, but it was like information leaflets on how to deal with a mc and questions and answers. They probably have send one to my doctors, but it didn't came through me.
  • Options
    Hi hon,
    I was given a discharge letter at the hospital after my ERPC - one for me and one for my GP.
    It didn't say anything in it - just questions and answers - exactly like Breighlin's. There wasn't anything there personal to me.
    I think you definitely have a right to the scan picture - that's just crazy that they say its not allowed - how insensitive. We have a right to our medical notes so why not our scans??
    xx
  • Options
    I had an ERPC 4 weeks ago and wasn't given a discharge letter. I made my own appointment with my GP as i needed a DR's note for work.

I cant believe that they wont give your and your hubby the scan picture, it was your baby and your right.... if you need to get snotty with them, GET SNOTTY!!!!

Keep your spirits up chick

Shelley
  • Options
    Thanks everyone, apparently my notes were 'lost' in the early pregnancy clinic and have only just been given to the consultant! Nice to see they take it seriously...So my doc should get them soon. As for my scan picture i'm still trying to get it, makes me so mad xx
  • Options
    I didnt get a discharge letter either but im sure they would have sent one to my doc.
    As for the scan picture you have every right to get it. You have me thinking now. I know they have one of my baby and now I want it but no idea how to get it :cry:
  • Options
    I didn't get a letter and my GP didn't either he was really cross about it and he complained to the hospital.

If I hadn't popped in to see him, he'd never even known I had the ERPC!!

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev060pf___.png