Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

joining you guys :(

I think Ihave to come here now. I will introduce myself.

I am 24 years old. I fell pregnant first time around in september 2008. Was very scared but gave birth at 34 weeks to a healthy little boy. He is now 6 months old. When he was about 3 months we stopped using contraception and I got pregnant when he was about 17 weeks. (second month) I knew we did not had sex at ovulation day, but two days before.

I had low hormone levels, but soon I felt pregnant. For the first time in my life I had morning sickness. It became worse and it was all day sickness. At 11 weeks I had booking in appointment and midwife could not find the heartbeat. Because she could find it with Michael around the same time, I was quite worried about it. A week later we found out that our lo had died at about 8+3,give or take a few days. (I was 12+3 at the time) The next day another scan, another one with bad news, Last friday I had a ERPC in the morning and I thought I was ok. Atleast the morning sickness stopped, atleast I don't feel pregnant anymore. I thought that was the hardest part.

I have a six month old, I thought I could handle all the thoughts. I know i can carry a baby, I know how it can be and I know a miscarriage it quite common. But still I feel terrible. I find it hard to see Michael rolling around and crying. I have not much patience at the moment, I am very emotional. I find it difficult to day to day things. Today I wrapped christmas presents and the only thought I had was to trow them all out, to cancel christmas. Other times I look forward to christmas and want to celibrate it. I don't know what to do.

I know I have to go on, I know I should find comfert in the fact that I got pregnant twice quite quickly I know I should feel lucky to have a lo. But for some reason I don't. And than I feel quilty about that again. My oh is quite horny all the time at the moment and according to the doctor we have to wait three weeks before resuming sex. (for infection) Others say to wait till first period. I don't know. Part of me wants to be pregnant again, that I might be able to get over things quicker. Other part of me is afraid, I am afraid it happens again. I am afraid I am just gonna be crushed even harder.

I don't know what I want with this, I think I just needed to get it of my chest.

Replies

• Options
    hey firstly to day i'm sorry for your loss and i know how you feel about cancelling xmas! i'm now on the rough road of ttc again for our first after a mmc at 12 weeks. it does get eases and admittedly the pain is aleays there. Just give it time xx
  • Options
    so sorry to hear about your mc. I think you're in good company with a lot of people not looking forward to christmas in this forum. I'd have been 5months pg at xmas. We'll all have to help each other through it.

And we're all here to help you now, whenever you want to talk to us, and tell us how you feel. It will get easier. I'm 2months from my MC and I did go to bed and cry this weekend, but generally I'm an awful lot better than I was, and the first few weeks will be the hardest. But you'll get through it.

Gems
    xx
  • Options
    I'm really sorry about your loss - I think everyone knows how you feel. I think the best advice I've been given is to be gentle on yourself. I think society expects you to just get on with things and I just don't think it's possible after a mc. This time round I really feel angry at the world especially when I see programmes like Jeremy Kyle!
    I know it's hard with a litle one but he relys on you. Take comfort out of him and perhaps you OH could take over for a little bit to give you some breathing space even to have a cry if you need to.

Lots of love xxxxxx
  • Options
    Im sorry to hear about your loss hun. Give your self the time you need to greive & have lots of cuddles with your lo & your oh.

Take care & theres always lots of support here for when you need it hun.

Hugs & love to you xxx
  • Options
    Just wanted to echo what the others have said - be gentle on yourself and take everyday as it comes. Everything you are feeling is perfectly natural and you shouldn't beat yourself up about it. It will take time to move on, but you will move on.

Remember to always talk to your other half - him being horny is probably his way of trying to make you happy and show you how much he loves you.

And always remember - we are here for you.
  • Options
    So very very sorry for your loss and I wanted to give you an extra big hug from the Junie girls.

I had a MC before I had Amy and I was low and tearful for months after - it will get easier but you never forget your angel.

xxx