Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Miscarriage last Thursday

Hi ladies, sorry to trouble you all, but if possible, please could I have some advice? I found out 2 weeks ago that I was pregnant with my second baby. Unfortunately I started to bleed last Thursday and after a scan with my obstetrician, it was confirmed that my womb was contracting and that I would lose the baby (I was very early on and u could only just about see a tiny sac on the screen)

I have been bleeding ever since and have passed blood, clots and tissue (sorry if too much info).

I was given a blood test and was told that my pregnancy hormones were decreasing. On other websites that I have looked at, some women do another pregnancy test to make sure it's negative. I did one just now and it still says positive. Do you think that is because the hormone is still present (am still bleeding although not as heavy) or I'm worried that I have an eptopic too??

Thanks,

Emma.

Replies

• so sorry for your loss,apparently the positive hpt can last for whiledepending on how far along you were.it might return neg in few days hopefully.take care and rest up this month and you will be ready for battle once more !!!! lots o luck xxxxx
  • Ah thanks for the reply, I don't know why i took the test really! I will definately rest for a month or so and will try again soon x
  • hi there, sorry to hear your news xx i misscarried last dec (my first) i started bleeding went for scan and they could not see anything i had to have blood tests every 48 hrs, the hormone levels was rising but not rising enough (its meant to double and mine was doing half that) then i passed the sac so knew what was coming next blood test my hormone level had gone down i got told to wait a week and do preg test which was negative. hope this helps xxx
  • Thanks, sorry to hear your news too and good luck with ttc. It's such a shock isn't it, and such an emotional rollercoaster xxx
  • it certainly is, and nothing has happened since but then this month i have started bleeding mid cycle so god knows whats happening now. our bodies are weird things xx
  • hi hunny - sorry you are going through this. I had mmc in november so had a erpc which is supposed to reduce pg hormones quicker but it still took over 10 days to get a negative.

good luck and hope you get back to a negative soon x x x
  • Hi
    Very sorry to hear about your recent loss - its such a nightmare time but look after yourself and take one day at a time (i know obvious but true) I hope your levels continue to drop, I had ectopic so don;t really know much about it but looks like some of the others have replied and they are much more knowlegeable
    take care
    Daisyx
  • Hello,

Sorry for ur loss. It took just over 3 weeks for my levels to return to normal, but I was just over 14 weeks when I had my d&e.
    Hope everything works out for you, sorry I cannot offer any more insight.

xxd
  • Thanks for all your helpful responses ladies xxx
  • Sorry to hear your story. There is so much heartbreak in this forum xx I lost mine at almost 6 weeks and it took a week to get a neg on the hpt. Some people have taken longer, it can just sometimes take a while for the hormones to go down. xx
  • Hi Queenems

Sorry to hear your news x
    I misscarried last week and my hormones are still high. Am still getting strong positives on the hpts although they are getting slightly fainter.

xx
  • hi. my mc was really early so i got bfn straight away so can't offer any advice, but just wanted to say how sorry i am for your loss and i'm hoping you get back to 'normal' soon. xxx
  • Sorry to hear you news - take care and allow yourself time...

It took me two and a half weeks to get BFN, so give it a little while yet and don't worry xxx
  • Thanks, it's just upsetting for it to still say pregnant. We have decided to wait three months before trying again x
  • Hi,
    I am so sorry to hear your news. At times we do things and then wonder why on earth we did what we did because we end up being more upset than we were in the first place. It will just take a bit of time for your levels to return to normal, and time for to you to heal both physically and mentally.
    Take good care of yourself.
  • Hi, sorry to hear your sad news! It took around 8 days before I got my bfn after mc! Everyone is different, so just be patient and give your body time to get back to normal! Take care hun! xx
  • Sorry to hear about your loss. I am still getting very faint positives and I had an early mc more than 3 weeks ago. They are getting fainter though. `Give yourself lots of time to recover and grieve. Look after yourself, xxx