Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

edd would have been tomorrow

I would have due tomorrow and not sure how I feel. I have been feelin really good the last few weeks, the anti depressants are really doing their job and I feel great. But today all of the sudden I hit a wall. Not sure how I feel and if it has to do with tomorrow. Tonight my oh is going to his best friend and stays there tomorrow, after which he goes to work and won't be home till early morning next day.

Not told him how I feel about tomorrow and I don't want him to know either. He deserves to go to his best friend, cause he turns 30 today. And he needs to work, so can't really keep him away from that. He hasn't visited his friend for months.

Just wishes I could feel better. Doesn't help that our cat has been at the vets since tuesday and it doesn't look that he wil be out today. We were planning on going to a party on saturday, but it seems I probably need to take care of a cat. Life is mean lately.

Replies

• Options
    Oh Breighlin, its the date that we all dred. I really feel for you and send lots of love. (((hugs)))

I think if you want to mark the day, then you should. I've bought a sky lantern and will release it on our EDD. I'll be thinking of you tomorrow! xxxxxx
  • Options
    Oh hun, it's totally understandable that your feeling down about tomorrow. I have no idea how i will cope with that when the time comes.

I think you should explain to your other half how you feel. Although he deserves to see his friend you deserve support for one of the hardest days you're likely to experience.

I find at the minute i'm keeping quiet about how i feel to OH and he's off out to footy etc and i feel like everyone has forgotten and it was only last week that i mc'd! I can feel myself starting to get angry at him, even though he has no idea why.

I think you'll need him more than his friend does tomorrow and i'd just have a chat with him. Even if he only spends half the day there and a little time with you to mark the day.

I'll be thinking of you too, lots of love hun

xxxx
  • Options
    HOw are you Brighlin? I'm sending you big hugs. MY baby would have been due on teh 24th May and i'm feeling it almost as badly as when it happened.

We are going on holiday on the 23rd as I can't stand the though of being at home on that day as we live so close to the hospital we can't avoid it.

I want to do something to mark the day but i don't know what.

Big hugs to you x x
  • Options
    Hi honey, I'll be thinking of you.

We thought we would find our EDD really hard. I didn't know that I was pregnant at the time. I really thought I wouldn't be able to survive it, especially as it was a few days before mothers' day and there were gifts and posters everywhere, we'd gone away for the weekend just to forget about it all.

I had planned to mark it with planting a tree or something similar but when the day arrived I just concentrated on surviving the day. I felt so much better after it had passed, and I can't put my finger on why.

I'll never forget what should have been our baby's birthday but getting through my EDD made me feel it was 'over' somehow and I felt so much more peaceful about things afterwards. Maybe it just proved to me that I was strong enough to get through it?!

I'm sure everything's experiences are different but I hope that my story was of some support x