Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Question about my friend from work...

...if that's okay for you ladies who have MC'd (I had an ectopic so I'm not that clued up with MCs)

My colleague at work had an MMC in Dec/Jan, and is now about 5 weeks PG. She has had a bit of bleeding so saw her GP, whp has booked her in for a scan. In 4 weeks time!!

Now when I was bleeding with my ectopic my GP booked me in for the next day at the EPU, and the EPU is the same one that she will be going to

What I wondered was, is that normal? Is that how it went for you? Was my GP just very different from lots of others in getting me straight in?

My colleague is going to kick up I believe, when she sees her doc again next week because obviously she feels she can't wait that long

xx

Replies

• Options
    Hi,

G/C but I can't quite seem to leave you lovely ladies image

When I had my 1st mc, I bled at 5 weeks and as it was too early to detect a heartbeat on a scan I had to wait until I was 6 weeks. With my 2nd mc at 6+5 I started to bleed, went to A&E and insisted on a scan that day and was lucky enough to get it, although it told me what I already knew.

I'm now 14 weeks pg and had a bleed at 11+5 and EPU planned to scan me the following day, however as I was so upset, I begged and got a scan that day.

I would deifnetly advise her to see her doctor and get a scan arranged, other than that she can always try and get EPU to arrange it themselves, though mine don't like doing anything without a referral from a GP or midwife.

xxx
  • Options
    I am surprised she has to wait that long, that is terrible! Poor thing, If I were her I would pay for a private scan just to know xx
  • Options
    I am surprised she has to wait that long, that is terrible! Poor thing, If I were her I would pay for a private scan just to know xx
  • Options
    yeah i agree with above. Usually you have to get a referral from a doc for the EPU but 4 weeks is too long to wait. At 5 weeks they may only be able to see the sac but no heartbeat.
    I was 5+5 when i lost my 2nd and they confirmed that by no sac visable and dropping hcg levels. She should at least get them to do blood tests to see if her hcg is rising or not. Tell her to be more forthright with the docs coz to them we're just another number. x