Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Mc confirmed today, just need some support

Hi girls, I have been in mc support forum but was suggested I come here as busier.

Basically my story is I have been bleeding brown blood almost non stop since bfp. I was in A&E on Wednesday morning with my daughter when I had a quite large discharge of red blood. Several scans & hcg tests later I have been told today that my numbers have started to come down albeit very slowly so mc is confirmed.

Been told to do a pg test in 10 days & if it's not bfn to go back to hospital as they have been concerned bout an ectopic due to my numbers originally rising but scan showing nothing.

I seem to swing from feeling numb & almost ok to just devestated & feeling like I'll never stop crying. This has been such a terrible time, to be honest I've known almost since my bfp that this pg was not gonna continue but tried to stay positive as I bled lots for weeks with my dd.

Everyone keeps saying how I'll get pg again in no time, and their sure next time it'll be fine & this time was just not meant to be but I wanted this one!! I don't know if/when I wanna be pg again, I mean I know I want another baby but the thought of pg right now worries me.

I'm still only having brown blood, I just want the proper bleed to start so I can get it over with.

Does it get easier? I wanna shut away from the world, am so glad I was on leave fro
work this week anyway.

Replies

• hiya yes it does get easier, it takes time but as they say time is a great healer.
    I had my mc in march and like yourself felt every emotion going. the only advise I could give you is take your time healing, physically your body heals pretty quick but mentally its a lot longer.
    If you have someone close to talk to then talk talk talk and don't bottle it up, As for getting pg again you will know when the time is right to try again,personally I was pretty desperate to get pg right away and every month it didn't happen I was gutted and felt very low but as the times gone on I feel a lot better and realise when the times right it will happen. take care hope you feel a bit better soon xxx
  • Hi sweetie, think I replied to you in the other forum, but just wanted to say am thinking of you. Its hard right now and your emotions are going to be all over the place.

I had a missed miscarriage in March, got pregnant in the January. I didn't have any bleeding at all, which is awful as I was merrily going along thinking all was ok, still had all the symptoms etc too.

I opted for an ERPC and right after the op I had a fair bit of bleeding, then picked up an infection, which was pretty nasty.

Anyway, just want to say, without waffling too much, straight after I had no interest in trying again, let alone any BDing!! But as the weeks slowly ticked by and I felt better in myself and got my cycles back, I now feel ready physically and emotionally.

So try not to beat yourself up about this, sometimes there is no rhyme or reason behind these things. See the little poem I posted earlier.

Take care, Zxx
  • |m so so sorry for your loss. Its not fair, something that is supposed to be filled with excitement and happiness, for some can be heartbreaking and filled with worry. As others have said, time is a great healer. Look after yourself and take comfort in your little girl. Thinking of you xxxx
  • i'm so sorry for ur loss. your emotions are bound to be all over the place, it is such a hard thing to go through. i MC in april and am still finding it hard to deal with but am slowly healing. so give urself plenty of time and gat as much support from those around you as u can. if u feel like crying cry, feel like screaming, scream. just remember if u EVERY need to rant or talk just do so put up a post.

i personally have found the girls on this forum to be brillent and really supportive and i hope u find the same.
    take care of urself

chaxxx
  • Thanks girls, today is being a tough day. I started the bleeding today and passing some pretty big clots. I can't believe the pain, I knew it would be painful but this is like the worst period pain ever!!!

Hubby and I had a good talk about the mc last night which was a relief for us both I think. I tried to explain to him how at the moment I do feel like I need to check out of life a little bit which has him worried as I am prone to depression. But I know I need to forget work etc and concentrate on what I'm going thru.

Is it weird that on one hand I want it over and back to normal and on the other hand I don't want it over as then my pregnancy & baby are definantly gone? Does that make any sense??
  • You're making perfect sense. I'm really sorry you're going through this Lambchop - it's truly heartbreaking.

I had an ectopic in February, and if you're anything like me, you'll go through a rollercoaster of emotions, from one day thinking you're perfectly fine, then 5 minutes later thinking that you'll never be happy again.

It does get better. Let yourself grieve, and talk your emotions through with hubby.

We're all here for a rant if you need us xxx
  • Hi,

Talking is good who ever it is to !

i had a mc 5 weeks agonow and although I desperately wanted to try again straight away i was advised to wait for at least one period (I had an ERPC). It does get easier and i found the support from this forum amazing.

Hang in there and try again when YOU are ready.
    take care
    xxx