Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss

Pain after miscarriage

How long did your pain last after miscarriage?
I lost my LO on Tuesday night and still having pains in lower tummy area and lower back.

Is this normal?

Nadine

Replies

• It will be diff for everyone hun.

I had them just for one night xx
  • Hi, sorry to hear about your mc.

I think its normal to have some pain for a few days, however if this persists please go to your doctor. Are they doing a blood test to check the mc?

For weeks after my MC my hcg levels continued to rise, and i had terrible cramps, and back ache, it ended up being ectopic. This is very unusual, but just bare it in mind if things are still bad after a week or so.

i hope you have lots of support and that you are feeling better soon x
  • I didn't have any pains but I did continue to have pg symptoms for about a week. Keep an eye on it and like Gem says if it gets worse or doesn't improve go back to your doctor xx
  • I'm on day 11. There are times when I feel fine, although I'm very sore in the tummy and back all the time, and then all of a sudden I'm not. My bleeding has also stopped for hours only to come back with a vengeance. This has been the most confusing experience. Nobody talks about how painful it is, how long it takes to get through the process. It's like being in labor for a week and a half and you just have to deal with it while you go on with life and pretend everything's ok.

I was just telling someone yesterday, I gave birth to my daughter and immediately got out of bed, took a shower, and got dressed. I had visitors show up at about an hour and I was showered with hair and makeup done in jeans and a t-shirt when they arrived. I was only 14 weeks pregnant this time, why is this so much worse on me?