Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss

Its Happening again!!

Hi,

Had an mmc in July and posted on her a few times and took great comfort from the replies and from other peoples experiences. I was 10 weeks but told that the baby had stopped growing at around 8 weeks.

Got pregnant the 2nd month of trying and was so excited and scared. Started a light show on sat night when I would of been 8 weeks and then it went darker on sunday so phoned epu and was told to go to a&e. Had bloods and internal and told cervix closed and high pregnancy hormone in bloods. Went for early scan on Monday and told sacs in right place but no fetal pole or heartbeat and possible that I was 5 weeks (although I was sure of my dates this kept my hopes up) Had bad cramps and blood loss yesterday and this morning and then lost some large clots (sorry tmi) Went back to a&e and after another internal and more bloods told my pregnancy hormone had dropped and booked in for scan on tues.

In my head I know my baby has gone but my heart wants to hang on to a faint hope this is all a big mistake. Why is this happening to me again? I know I am lucky as I already have a gorgeous 20 month old little girl but my heart is breaking. Trying to be really strong as my sister is seriously ill in hosp but feel so sad and let down.

Sorry for going on just needed to get this out

xxx

(Also posted in miscarriage/ectopic support)

Replies

• Oh hunny, I'm so so sorry you're having to go through this. I really don't kno what to say besides, try to keep positive until your scan on Tuesday. Please don't apologise for explaining your feelings on here - this is what we're all here for.

Sending you lots of hugs

xxx
  • so sorry to hear that lilypod. We're all here for you whenever you need to talk, as I know the waiting for the scan bit is always horrible. fingers crossed that there is still some hope for you.
    Gxx
  • Thankyou both - Just really need tues to come round and then I can look forward to xmas for my little girls sake. Feel like the hosp has been my second home this last fortnight. xx
  • I am so sorry you have had to go through this again. We are all here for you, whenever you need us. xx
  • Thankyou so much. xx
  • ((((((((((hugs))))))))))))) xx
  • Omg, so sorry this is happening. Lots of hugs and my thoughts with your sis as well.
  • I'm so sorry too. I'm like you - I have a beautiful 21 month old son and I'm so grateful for him and all the joy he brings to the world, but it doesn't take the pain away from this loss. I had a mmc in September. It was my 2nd mc.

Lots of love to you and your sister, and I hope you're daughter helps make Christmas a happy one in spite of your terrible loss x
  • Oh Lilypod...I'm so so sorry that you are going through this again. Its devastating enough to go through this once (i had early miscarriage at 7 weeks in October) let alone twice.

It must be especially hard with your sister in hospital. Miscarriages happen for a number of reasons and we will probably never know why. Take comfort in your gorgeous daughter and try not to blame yourself.

If you need to talk just post and we'll reply xxx

• Thankyou all so much. I am trying to keep positive and I do believe that everything happens for a reason but its hard to understand. On a good point my sister has woken after 2 weeks in ICU and things look brighter for her. xxx
  • fab news about your sister? was she sedated or asleep due to her own illness? I'm only being nosey coz I had a friend who had a horrible crash in january and was in a coma for 5 weeks. Has she moved out of icu yet? hope she continues to improve :\)
  • lilypod im really sorry this has happened. ive had two mc in the past months, once at 5 weeks and a couple of days ago a chem pg. There isn't anything I can say, but if you just want to chat and for someone to listen then just FAO me xx ps. good news about your sister. Hope things are looking up for you xx
  • lilypod im really sorry this has happened. ive had two mc in the past months, once at 5 weeks and a couple of days ago a chem pg. There isn't anything I can say, but if you just want to chat and for someone to listen then just FAO me xx ps. good news about your sister. Hope things are looking up for you xx
  • Great to hear your sis is out of ICU! Hopefully not long before you get your bfp as well image
  • Gem gems - she had an illness but collapsed in hosp and had massive arrest, she was sedated for a few days but they worried when she did not wake but now things look really good for her although she still in icu.
    Thanks everyone back at hosp on tues and really dreading if I have to make decision again on tablets or dnc - does anyone know if you have to have one of these 2 procedures or if sometimes everything has already gone - sorry but last time I was in hosp for 2 days and can't face it again. xxx
  • I really hope it is good news for you.

MC are always hard to deal with.
  • lilypod - my friend was only sedated for a week, and then took a further 4 to wake up. that must have been a scary time for you when she wasn't waking up, but hopefully everything will go smoothly for her now. hope she gets out of icu soon, then everyone can start to relax a teeny bit.

My MC passed naturally at 8 weeks, and when I had a scan they said as everything had pretty much gone I didn't need any further management, they just followed my hCG levels to make sure they went right back down. really hope you can be similar to that, and not need hosp again
  • oh lily!! i am so sorry hun!! i dont know how you ladies can go through this time n time again it breaks my heart!! *hugs*
  • Fingers crossed for tomoz and will let you all know how I get on. Once again thanks for all the support, my oh is brilliant but just don't think they understand 100%. xxx
  • so sorry to hear what you are going through hun, thinking of you ((((hugs)))) xx