Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss

maternity prescription card arrived today :-(

Thought I was doing really well but came home to find my free prescription excemption card had arrived today- but I no longer qualify image Made me feel a bit tearful.
Have all you ladies who are actively ttc sent it back?? Being very optomistic I'm hoping to get a BFP within the next few months...seems silly sending it back only to have to re-apply! I don't intend to use it whilst not actually pregnant...plus to be honest the only prescription I get is contraceptive pills...which i don't particularly have much use for at the moment!!

Take care Sue x x

Replies

• I haven't had one of these...but i did get a call for my surgery the other day about having the swine flu jab now that ni'm PG.... I told her i'd miscarried a few weeks ago....felt bad for her cos she felt bad but she could have at least checked my records!!
  • Sue, thats a really good question as I still have mine but dont know where to send it back to??????

anyone else have any ideas???
  • Hi ladies
    I received mine 2 days ago and miscarrid last monday, this is my first time back on babyexpert since it happened. Sparkles I know how you feel as its just another reminder of what you are going through.
    The letter does say that you must send it back if you are no longer pregnant, I am going to be ttc again soon but you have to reapply by the look of it. I think it is because you can have free prescriptions and dental care up until the child is one year old so they would have to issue another one anyway with the correct end date on.
    Mine was a card attached to a letter and it said that you have to send it back to the address on the letter, the only address I could find was the one on the front? So I am sending mine there.
    Hope this helps
    Dxx
  • I threw my letter away so dont know where to send it back to HELP!!!
  • The address I have and I am sure it will be the same for you is

NHS
    Sandyford House
    Archbold Terrace
    Sandyford
    Newcastle Upon Tyne
    NE2 1BF

I would just include a note with your address on too, but I presume that they would be able to trace your details from the certificate number on the card.
    Hope this helps

Dx