Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Joining you :cry:.......now begun to bleed

Hi ladies - I'm joining your board as on Tuesday I was told that I had a missed miscarriage - I was having my normal 12 week scan and thought I should have been 12+3 however no heartbeat was found and the baby measured 9 weeks.
Had a brief look through the board and it appears I have similar dates to lots of you.

I have opted to have the ERPC as I think i might find to manage naturally would be too distressing. This was my first pregnancy and hoping to try again very soon.

Did any of you have the ERPC? If you don't mind me asking What was the recovery time and post op bleeding like?? I have so far had no pain or bleeding,

Thanks Sue xx

Also posted on Miscarriage/eptopic support

[Modified by: sparkles1 on 10 June 2010 19:35:19 ]

Replies

• Oh hun so sorry for your loss, I had a complete mc 1 week ago now so if you wanna chat just shout.
    Take care of your self and take things one day at a time.
    xxxx
  • Hello Hun,
    I'm so sorry for your loss, I was in the DID board too, I honestly thought I would be the last of the sad news from there. Anyway, I can't answer your questions RE the ERPC as I miscarried naturally at home, but I just wanted to tell you that we are all here whenever you need to shout, scream have questions etc. The ladies here are fantastic and it's good to speak to people who are going through the same thing! I found it has really helped me.
    Take care of yourself and OH and I hope you don't stay here too long! (meant in a nice way of course) XXXXXXX
  • I'm so so sorry to hear your news.

I had a MMC at 14 wks, baby meausring 11+3, I was very much the same as you, I couldn't cope with going through the MC and seeing everything so opted for an ERPC that was 5 weeks ago. Was my 1st pg too.

The doctors had warned me there would be a lot of pain after which would gradually subside over ther following week. This really scared me!! When I had the op, while still knocked out they gave me a painkiller pessary up "back passage" yuk!! which they told me would wear off after 12 hours, so 12 hours later I was armed with masses of painkiller and hot water bottle etc and nothing happened, didn't have any pain at all and haven't since. The bleeding was just like a moderate period, not heavy by any means and finished a week later.

Heres a bit of a graphic bit.... The day before, I had asked if anything would be done before I was knocked out as am such a pain wimp and they said no, all under anestetic. Then when went in for op, they had to insert pessaries to the cervix to make it dilate so they can do the op. they didn't warn me of this so it freaked me out a bit so thought would warn you. It might not happen in your case. It didn't hurt but while I was waiting for op, I got put back due to an emergency and in that time I was really having contractions and dilating and my water went, was pretty horrible and was the worst bit of whole thing.

Honestly, I'd never been in hospital, never really been ill, only had a blood test when pg so was pertrified, but really wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, I arrived at 7am in the morn and was home by 3pm. Just keep reminding yourself that you'll be home soon!

If you have anymore questions, I'm happy to answer them.

Hope you're ok and everything goes as well as it can, just take one day at a time and take it easy.

Thinking of you xxx

[Modified by: Amber156 on June 10, 2010 06:16 PM]

• Hi hun,

I think i was one of the first out of DID! There's so many of us i think we could start a whole new forum image

It's a rubbish thing to go through and even weeks on, and probably months, we will all have down days. It does get easier though hun,

Mine was my first pg too which doesn't exactly fill you with joy at the though of going through it again does it?! I have found ttc again has helped take my mind off it though!

I hope you feel better soon,

lots of love
    xxx
  • Really sorry hun - that is so sad - I had natural mc so cant be much help but just wanted to send lots of hugs!!xxx
  • Thanks for the replies ladies - sorry if this is TMI - but just been to loo and have began to bleed - not red blood- just brown discharge so far and tummy cramps - now beginning to wonder if I will need ERPC - think I might ring ward tomorrow to mention it as they said they would need to book me in for another scan if i started to bleed to check if I still needed it.

Amber- thanks for the warning regarding the pessary - it must have been horribly scary to have you waters go and contractions - that is half the reason why I opted for the ERPC as i didn't want to experience these things.
    Did any of you have bleeding prior to the ERPC?
    Thanks Sue x
  • Try and stay calm hun. It does sound as though it is happening naturally. Mine started with a brown discharge and gradually built up to a very heavy period- always make sure you've got pads on you!

It will probably get worse, my cramps were very bad, probably similar to what amber was describing, as your cevix contracts naturally to pass everything. It is a terrible experience i'm not going to lie, but at least once it's over you can start ttc again.

Hope it happens quickly hun and it's not too bad.

Lots of love
    xxx
  • I hope you're ok, I'm sure you're really scared but you might still be ok til the op.

I started bleeding on the thurs (6wks today) and went to epu to have scan and found out what had happened, I was booked for ERPC the following wednesday, for those 7 days I was bleeding and was convinced it would happen but it didn't. I had some cramps at night but took ibuprofen and they went away.

Speak to the ward tmrw and see what they want you to do, but if it gets heavier or you have a lot of pain, go to a&e.

When is the ERPC??

Take care of yourself and try to get a good nights sleep if you can xxx
  • I replied to you in the other forum..
    now I have read this update from you. I will share a bit more info..
    it sounds like your miscarrying spontaneously. This is what happened to me and it took 3 days as I contracted and bled. It started brown, then gradually got worse until my waters gushed out of me and I was in horrendous pain, I thought I was going to die.
    Call the midwife and see what they suggest but they told me to stay at home until it got very heavy and very painful which led me to being rushed in via ambulance.

I hope your okay.. let us know what happens hun? thinking about you
    xx