Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

trying to move on :(

Hey, im very new to this and joined when i was pregnant but wasn't sure if i should have waited until i knew all was well.. I had light bleeding when i was around 6 weeks but it stopped after a week and i was told not to worry as alot of women get implantation bleeding at this time. I went for my scan on Wednesday when i would have been 12 weeks and 3 days to find out that i had lost my wee one at 6 weeks 5 days so i had been right in thinking something was up but my mind was put at rest by the doctors.. I have never felt so devastated in my life, i was just getting used to the idea and was so excited :\( I decided to have the surgery as i dont think i would have been able to cope emotionally to have a natural or induced miscarriage after so long of believing everything was alright. I had my surgery yesterday and everything went well with no complications but i woke up in floods of tears, I was so sure everything would be ok :cry:

Me and my boyfriend are really young, i am 18 and he is 19, but we have been talking and have decided we want to try for another wee one in a couple of months time.. I am going to give my body time to recover and we go on holiday at the end of this month so we are going to have a fresh start when we come back and start looking forward to our future but will never forget this wee one..

Thought i would share my thoughts as ive been told this is a good site, just wanted to know if anybody has been through the same and how they coped.. thankyou :\)

Carys x

Replies

• Options
    Hi hun,

So sorry you had a miscarriage! Doctors just don't take us ladies seriously enough with our concerns! It really frustrates me!

I had a natural mc at 6 +3 and was just sent home from a&e 3 times after they told me everything was 50/50 and some people just bleed. Luckily i had a viability scan booked for 2 weeks later anyway which i didn't cancel and went along to to make sure everything had passed.

I'm 21 myself so not much older than you, and it was a devastating, horrible time, the worst thing thats ever happened to me!

Luckily we managed to fall pg again after 2 cycles and i'm now 6+6 with my second pregnancy. It's very scary but worth it! I think your holiday sounds like a fab idea, i hope you have a lovely time and you'll probably feel refreshed and ready to try again when you get back!

Physically you can start trying again as soon as you feel ready, tomorrow if you wanted so don't let any NHS "guideline" put you off if you'd wanted to go for it straight away. Whenever feels right for you and your partner!

Good luck and hope to see some good news from you within the next couple of months!

xx
  • Options
    thanks for your reply image i was so angry that my concerns were not taken seriously, my gp did say that i should be taken for a scan but when i phoned the early pregnancy unit they just told me to phone back if it got worse then it stopped after a week so i just assumed the midwife had been right and i was worrying too much..

At first when i found out i was pregnant i was worried about how my family would react but after people knew i was so excited and so was the family, so this news has just been devastating for everybody, it just makes you feel worse when you know you have done everything you can to have a healthy pregnancy and it still goes wrong :\(

Yeah we are going to have a wee bit of time and enjoy our holiday then start trying again, im just going to start taking the vitimans and staying healthy much earlier as this wee one will be planned :\)

Thats great news that you have fallen pregnant again :\) Good luck with everything!

xx
  • Options
    H Carys,
    I am surprised that they did not scan you, I had my first miscarriage between 5 and 7 weeks, it was natural as I started to bleed and they scanned me and we couldnt see anything. It took us 3 months to fall pregnant again and I miscarried around 9 1/2 weeks, I started to bleed two days before my 12 week scan and they took me in for a scan the day before and could not find a heartbeat. I was gutted and still am at the moment. I had an ERPC just over four weeks ago and have my first AF now!
    I am soo looking forward to trying to conceive again.

It takes time to get over it but it does get better, honest it does and there is nothing we can do about it, we didnt do anything wrong it just wasnt meant to be. I have to keep tellng myself that to get through.

You have yourself a couple of months to get your body back to normal and then have another go - there is plenty fun to be had in the trying!

Good luck to you, I hope everything goes well and use this site as much as you need, the girls have been a godsend to me when you think no one else understands!

xxxx
  • Options
    Hey
    Im Rachael and im 20 and my partner is 21! We miscarried with our first pregnancy at 10 weeks! I was soooooo devastated this site is amazing though and atm it may seem like it will NEVER get easier and you dont kmow where to start but time is a good healer 2 weeks later im startinmg to feel normal again and cant wait 4 my 1st period so i can TTC again! The holiday will do you the world of good though im sure xxx
  • Options
    Hi Hun. I hope your okay and getting enough support, for your age hun you seem to know what you want so that's good as it will help give you focus and hope. I know what your going through and nothing we can say will make it better for now. However this site is amazing. I miscarried at 12 weeks after my dating scan and it I'd devastating. I'm sorry they did not scan you but for some reason they don't seem to worry too much in early pregnancy. It's horrible. I'm sure after your holiday you will feel much better and refreshed and can look forward to trying again. Good luck gun, it can happen as I'm now 9 weeks pregnant after my mc on 30th may x x
  • Options
    thankyou image i have got a lot of support from my family and my boyfriend so we will get there eventually will just take a wee bit of time to get back to normal, its so difficult when thoughts run through your mind forgetting im no longer pregnant for a split second :\(

Im so sorry to hear about everyones miscarriages, you cant imagine how horrible it is until it actually happens.. I was told this site was really good for support and ive only been using it the past week and i love it! It really helps you realise that you are not alone..

I cant wait for the future and to start trying again, good luck to everybody :\)

xxx
  • Options
    Good luck to you too hun! This site is a god send, there's a lot to be said about chatting with people who understand!

Glad to hear you have some good support from home too!

Enjoy your hols image
    xx