Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Looks like I'll be joinning you ladies

I had an emergency scan yesterday after some bleeding since Friday and it isn't looking good at all. Feotal pole was there but they said it was only 6 wks and I was def 7.5 wks pg. Also, no heartbeat. Got to go back next Wed for confirmation scan but it seems to only be because the measurements were 1mm out for them to confirm yesterday it was not viable. I'e now got to wait a week & I can't even say I have miscarried properly yet - bleeding is quite heavy now though so it might happen naturally. I actually thought I was ok yesterday and was trying to be all philosophical about it, saying all those things that everyone says to you when they find out you have miscarried! However, today I just don't seem to be able to stop crying. i know thats natural and it will pass but it feels like a long way off at the moment. Not many people knew I was pg in the 1st place but even so, it has been really hard telling those few people it ain't going to happen. Mum was worst - I ended up having to comfort her and quite honestly, I am now quite angry about that - she keeps crying on the phone bemoaning the fact that she can't get to see me (she lives about hours away and has some mobility issues so won't drive long distances). Quite frankly though I don't think I want to see her as she seems to be making it all about her - is it mean and self-indulgent to want her to just focus on keeping it together for me for a change???

Sorry for long post but I have been sitting here all day reading all the lovely comments you girls make , crying at what seems like 5 minute intervals that I felt i had to rant for a bit myself. I know I'll get through this and don't really want to make a massive deal out of it but I just feel so sad. image

Replies

• Options
    hey hun, just wanted to say that i'm sorry you're having to go through this. it really is tough and waiting is worse! i had a scan at 6.5 weeks after pains to be told i was only 5 and would have to come back in a week, i had that scan and then another one the week after and all was fine, 12 week scan showed bean had died at about 8 wks.

I don't blame you for feeling that way about your mum, i think i would too! is your oh being supportive? xx
  • Options
    aww huni, I am so sorry to read your post image
    I am sorry also that your Mum is adding to your upset, she needs to be strong and positive for you right now, you don't need to be comforting her.
    We are all here for you...

Love MrsH xx
  • Options
    I am so sorry you have to go through this.
    You have every right to be angry about your mum. My mum was the same and did not speak to me for a week because she was to upset, so had to go through it all alone. (second scan, operation, recovery) They should in this case forget about their own sadness and just be there for us.

Just remember that no matter about what or who you can always have a good moan here and talk to people who understand what you are going through. I find it always helps.
  • Options
    Hi
    Really sorry to read your post. When I had my mmc I had to wait 6 days for my scan after a small bleed and I was up and down during those days. The night before my mum rang and told me everything had to be ok which really frustrated me as what did she expect me to do. She also got extremely upset when I found out I had lost it. I think she is always used to me solving her problems so she was unable to provide much support. Try not to worry about getting upset - you are allowed to be upset. I actually told my mum a few days down the line that I needed her to be strong for me and her getting upset was only upsetting me. Since then she was fab - maybe you should tell her. Wishing you all the best! Thinking of you!
  • Options
    Im so sorry that you are going through this hun. Hope your oh is being more supportive than mum.

Much love xxx
  • Options
    big hugs to you hun! my mum was eaxctly the same! she now realises she was being very selfish. shes just as upset so or now id just leave her for a few days.. u need support from your hubby right now image u will get there hun xxx
  • Options
    Thank you all so much for your kind words it means a lot to know there is somewhere I can go to talk to girls who know how I feel
    oh is being fab although I know he is as upset as I am he is being strong for me bless him ! Not sure whether to go to work tomorrow or not. If bleeding carries on like this I won't but I can't face another day like today -think I would rather be busy and 'normal' for a bit
    I hope you are all as ok as you can be am going to try to get some sleep now but I'll be back tomorrow
    lots of love x