Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss

looks like I'm joining you

Hi everyone, I should probably introduce myself.....

I starting ttc in april 09 and have had trouble with long irregular cycles (50 days plus). managed to use a CBFM by delaying the start and got my BFP on Boxing Day. Was completely over the moon about being pregnant and me and hubby talked about the baby and the upcoming 9 months all the time. I didn't really get any real pregnancy symtpoms but put it down to being fortunate! I did another CBD last saturday, hoping to get my 3+ weeks (I was 5+6) but got another 2-3 weeks. I tried to put it to the back of my mind, but last saturday night I started spotting. Saw GP last week and went for an early scan on weds (I was 6+3) they couldn't seen much on the scan and took my blood to measure the hcg. I had to go back on friday for repeat blood test but I started bleeding more heavily on thursday and by then had accepted what was happening. Yesterday's blood results had dropped from 1600 to about 500. I have to go back for another scan and bloods on weds to make sure by body has m/c naturally.

I feel so so sad and while I'm trying to hold it together, every now and then I feel like I've been hit by a truck. I had no appreciation of how devastating miscarriage can be.

over the last week I have been reading some of the other threads on this forum, and you seem like the most thoughful and kind people, and even though none of the reassurance and advice at that point was directly for me, what you were saying to others really has softened the edges of the most horrible week, so thank you.

despite the heartbreaking reasons why we are all here, its nice you meet you all

lb xx

Replies

• Hello sweetheart,

so sorry that you had to join us (in a nice way) but you are right that we will all help you through this difficult time.

followed your thread in your 'di' forum and my heart broke reading your story, i have just had an early mc too and it is devastating but with the support from my wonderful hubs and the amazing women on here, I am on the mend.

I too felt so, so desperately sad and wondered if I would get through it, but things are getting better, each day I feel stronger and more like 'me.'

You too will feel better in time hun and we are all here to help, so please lean on us for support/virtual hugs or when you need someone to listen.

Thinking of you hun,
    Love MrsH xx
  • hey littleb so sorry you are having to join us! We are lovely though! Good luck for weds just cus i know how hard it is to have to keep going back to epu! xxx
  • Hi Littleb, sorry you are having to go through this horrible experience. I hardly even considered that anything might go wrong, then its so devastating when it happens, isn't it?
    Its only a few days ago for me too, so i'm taking some time off work to try to come to terms with it all. Take care, thinking of you xx
  • Hi littleb,

So sorry you are here. I always thought it was something that happened to someone else. When we were told i'd miscarried at hospital (actually turned out to be ectopic) hubby and I just burst into tears. Never known grief like it., pure devestation.

The last 3 months have been the hardest ever but I am feeling much better than I was.

This is such a supportive forum, it has made me feel less alone about the whole thing x x
  • Hi Hun,

I'm sorry you've had to join us over here. I hope you find the ladies over here to be as big a support for you as they were for we. You're right in that I don't think anyone could ever understand how devestating a mc unless they've been through it themselves.

The best advice I can give you, is to take it an hour at a time and I promise it does start to get easier.

Sending you lots of hugs

xxx