Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

How long did you bleed for during mc?

Hi ladies,

Just wondering when this ordeal is going to be over really. I started bleeding last Friday morning but it was more like a discharge when i wiped. It got heavier but still Brown. The clots started, also brown, Monday afternoon but the red heavy bleed, clots and all started Tuesday evening. It's still really heavy and painful, doesn't seem to be stopping anytime soon.

How long did you ladies bleed for? As if the emotional strain isn't bad enough, my body feels the need to remind me every minute of every day!

Replies

• Options
    I started spotting about 19th Aprl, had a full on bleed(passed the baby,awful!) on the 22nd and bled until 1st May so about a week and half.

It is awful, its like a constant reminder everytime you go to the toilet. I have stopeed bleeding now and im started to feel positive.

Something that might help you- I was talking to the sonographer when I went for a scan to make sure everything had gone. He said he blames early pregnancy tests as to what causes the emotional upset. He says years ago women didnt test until after about 8 weeks gone and many wasnt emotionally attached at the time. So when they had a bleeding they just presumed it was a heavy period. Obviously it depends how far along you are. He said its just natures way of saying that it wasnt right at the time and the sperm didnt meet the egg correctly and that the baby had no chance from the start which is very sad but also makes me realise that there is nothing that I could of done differently. It does get better darling xxx
  • Options
    I had a medically managed mc and I bled heavily and passed everything in 12hours.

I had some normal period flow with small clotting for a few days after, then really light spotting. Totally stopped a week later.

We have started trying again and feeling really positive.

Call your epu if you are struggling to cope. Mine were brilliant.

I completely agree with with the post above and it is that that's helped me cope through this

Take care x
  • Options
    My mom said that early testing causes a lot of upset! Because you get so emotionally attached whilst your still well in the danger zone.

I've passed the pregnancy this morning after writing this post and it was so sad. Just looked like a red slug (sorry tmi) but it just made me so sad! Just flushed my baby away image

But i kind of feel relieved now that it's coming to an end. The only problem is i'm still bleeding really heavily and my pains are still quite bad. I just want them to go so i can leave the whole situation behind me!

xx
  • Options
    When I had my mc I started bleeding brown stuff Thursday evening, and it came and went until Sunday evening when it turned red and constant. I bled all that week, and finally passed the baby in the early hours of Saturday morning. I had excruciating pain, but thankfully only in the late evenings. It started about 10 or 11pm and went on until 1 or 2am. Man it hurt! I remember lying on my bed screaming, while poor hubby was on the internet trying to find out if this was normal. They'd told me at the hospital that it would be like a bad period - slight understatement there!! After I passed the baby I bled for about another week and a half to 2 weeks.
    I remember feeling such huge relief when it was all over, hope you'll be there soon.
    xxx
  • Options
    I started with brown discharge to start with on the Monday for a day and then it turned into bright red spotting on the Tuesday evening which then got darker and more of it by the Wednesday morning with really strong pains. I lost the baby on the Wednesday morning in a big clot. I then bled for 3 days, went for an internal scan on the Wednesday which then started me off bleeding again and i then bled for about another 10 days.
    I got pretty fed up of bleeding by then and just wanted it to stop so that we could start ttc again.

I found my first af after just as painful which was a real shock to my system as i wasn't expecting the painful stomach cramps that i got.

Hope it all stops for you soon xx