Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss

what would you expect from a mc at 5 weeks? sorry to ask :-(

hi guys

Im so sorry to have to ask this question and do not wish to cause anyone any hurt by asking but was hoping for some advise. I am 5 weeks pregnant and think i am miscarrying i am suffering from discharge of fresh red blood when wiping and sore cramps

Thank you Sincerely

Replies

• Hi there......

How worrying for you - but try and stay positive. It might just be a bit of a bleed which many women have in early pregnancy- someone told me that sometimes you get a bleed around the time your AF was due (not sure if that is relevant to you). But as you are having cramps too, I would seek doctors advice and perhaps they could scan and let you know if all is ok in there.

Sending you love and hugs that all stays well with you. xxx
  • thanks apple13 im trying to get a hold of the epu at the moment as im covered in a rash too which a+e said was an allergic reaction but im worried the two are linked
  • So sorry your going through this. You should be able to get hold of EPU tomorrow and hopefully they will scan you. There is probably not much you can do at the moment except try to stay calm and maybe take a couple of paracetamol. Lots of ladies bleed and things are ok. Try to relax and look after yourself. Thinking of you XXX
  • Hi hun,

Your more than welcome to ask anything over in this forum, everyones very lovely and helpful. I would definately seek some medical advice. Its sods law that these things happen on a Sunday, my last one happened on a bank holiday- nowheres open to help!

However, at 5 weeks if they scan you they probably won't be able to say anything for sure as your unlikely to get a hb at that stage either way. But worth going and getting checked out anyway hun.

I really hope that everything is ok for you hun!
    Xx
  • Hi

Sorry that you are going through this. My mc (at 5 weeks) started with brown spotting, which lasted about 3 days, before becoming red blood and clots on the 4th day.

Hope this is nothing more than a 'scare' for you and that you get some reassurance soon.
  • thanks ladies, i just cant see how there can be this much blood and for it not to ne a mc. bfp one day, this the next i cant believe it
  • Was your Af late?? or are you cycles usually 35days?? I hope its not but could it possibly be a 'chemical' pregnancy where the test picks up the hormones of a fertilised egg that hasn't implanted?
  • i done 6 tests (all different brands) over 3 days including a cbd and my cycles have been from 28 - 40 days b