Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

UPDATED I'll be joining you again, was eptopic this time

Hey ladies

I am currently I'm hospital recovering from emergency surgery this morning to remove the pregnancy that had developed in my ovary. So i've had to have the whole ovary removed.

Yesterday I had a lot of cramps but the pain seemed to be n my back passage so I thought was constipated. Then at 3am I woke with horrendous pains again thinking it was constipation. I eventually caved and went the hospital and thank god I did as I had massive internal bleeding and could have been a goner.

Still in shock at the moment and in a lot of pain from the surgery.

My warning signs were lack pregnancy symptoms despite thinking I was 7 weeks, and bad back ache which I thought was a kidney infection. Then as the pain felt like it was coming from my back passage into the front i just thought it was extreme cramps due to bad constipation.

Catch up soon when I'm a bit more with it

Xxx

[Modified by: Kat-9742700 on 10 July 2010 19:52:53 ]

[Modified by: Kat-9742700 on 11 July 2010 13:37:27 ]

Replies

• So sorry to hear your news but thank goodness you got it sorted in time as it would have been fatal.

Take care of yourself xx
  • Sweetie, Im so so sorry to hear this. What a nightmare. Glad you got there in time.
    Look after yourself, we'll be here when you get home. H x
  • hi sorry to hear about what you have been through really hope your feeling better soon take care xx
  • I'm so sorry to hear whats happened, it sounds really awful. Glad you decided to go to the hospital, hope your OH is taking really good care of you
    Elli xx
  • I'm so so sorry to be reading this. Thinking of you sweet. Zxx
  • So sorry to hear this Kat, I had ectopic in september. I found the ectopic trust invaluable x x
  • Thanks ladies. Never had to spend the night in a hospital before and I won't be looking forward to another one if the don't let me home today!

Mentally and emotionally I am doing ok so far but I do have the physical pain dominating at the moment. Yesterday was really quite scary but I can look back and laugh a bit now at me insisting to every doctor and nurse it was just constipation!! But when the scary times of me blacking out started to happen and I could see how worried my husband looked it began to hit home.

The seriousness of it and the fact I would have been very close to it being fatal with the amount of internal bleeding means I feel very relieved at the moment.

I didn't know it was in my ovary when I went down to surgery and the doctor who told me they removed thought I'd known so that was a panic and I did start crying then. But I've been assured it shouldn't affect our chances of getting pregnant again.

It really is too sore to cry so been looking very brave!

xxx
  • Big hugs xxx and I hope you get let out today....hospitals aren't nice places when your feeling emotional and want to be snuggled in your own bed and have space to come to terms with the last 48-72hrs xx
  • Really sorry to hear this sad news xxx
  • Kat - You poor thing. I am so so sorry you have had to go through this. Sending you loads of love and (((hugs))) xxx
  • Gosh hun, thank god you sought medical attention!!

Really sorry to hear about the ectopic but thank god you're ok!

Hope you feel better soon!
    xx
  • ahh hun so sorry to hear this but glad ur ok.

chaxxx
  • Oh no what a horrible nightmare - they are correct though as far as I know your hormones are still relased and your other ovary will take over each month releasing the egg - so you should still ovulate every month pet - I hope that's makes you feel a little more releived - as everyone said thank god you are OK and they caught it!

Sometime it makes me wonder - all these mc's and ectopics - our little trouble makers never quite make it into the world but if they're already casuing trouble in our uterus/tubes imagine how much trouble they might be on earth! image I'm sure God has them right in hand up there........I'm sure they are the naughty Angels :\)
  • Again thank you so much you lovely ladies! Your kind words are so comforting through what is such a lonely thing. Like our mmc we don't want everyone knowing about the eptopic so we have the 'fake' story is the real story but with cysts and not the pregnancy. Only a few very close friends know the truth.

I am home now and still in a lot of pain. I've never had any surgery before and I am shocked at how crippled I am by it. I can't even get up off the chair unaided.

I have to say I got wonderful treatment whilst in the hospital I can not fault the doctors and nurses who dealt with me. However thinking back, the fact I was actually pregnant and had lost a baby was hardly mentioned. It was the gyn ward I was on and I know they are dealing with all sort of gyn issues but I am quite surprised at just how little they mentioned the pregnancy. I too have hardly thought about it, just been so in shock at how long I left things and how much pain I've been in.

It's only now that I'm thinking of it, but I'm still feeling detached from the pregnancy. I am sure when the physical pains start easing the emotions will kick in.

It does seem very unfair. We are good people who want nothing more than to become parents. My poor husband, it cuts me up more to think of what he has witnessed through the mmc and now this. He is amazing.

Thanks again ladies xxx
  • Hi Kat,

Glad to hear you're home, and starting your recovery - it was major surgery, so you will take a while to recover physically, as well as emotionally.

At least you have a lovely husband, and you can help each other through this awful time.

Thinking of you,
    Lxx
  • Kat, I am so so sorry to hear this, I can't imagine what you're going through, after the MMC, not this, life just isn't fair.

It sounds so scary and I'm so glad you got to hosp and are ok and recovering.

Please take it really really easy and come talk to us when you need to.

Thinking of you and sending big hugs xxx
  • I'm so sorry to hear that you have had to go through something so terrible again! lots of hugs to you and thinking of you xxx
  • My god hunny - what a traumatic time u've had! So so sorry to hear ur news. Take care of ur self x x
  • HI KAT....

SOOO SORRY TO HEAR YOUR BAD NEWS...I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL...IM BACK HERE IN THIS FORUM FOR A 2ND TIME THIS YEAR

AND I KNOW FROM THE SUPPORT I GET HERE THAT YOU WILL DO FINE!

I WISH YOU THE BESTEST GET WELL WISH..MIND YOURSELF AND 1 DAY IT WILL BE OUR DAY....AND WITH THE LUCK OF GOD THEY WILL STICK AND WONT CA\USE ANY MISCHIEF.

LOTS OF LOVE HUGS AND KISSES