Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

My head's all messed up!!

Hi Ladies,

Well i had my mc on Wednesday morning. And i have only bled for 3 days (i said 4 in another post but i got my days muddled up :lolimage

Went back to work Saturday evening for the first time, which i was nervous about at first but it was fine.

Whilst talking to my colleague he mentioned that i could still be, i explained about the plop in the toilet and the big clot that i saw which i was sure was the baby gone.

Even my hubby still seems to be holding a bit of hope after speaking to his mum who had very similar with him.

Now this morning, i had a phonecall from the EPU to go for an internal scan to check whether the lining has gone back to normal etc and even she started asking whether i still felt symptoms etc after i told her i only bled for 3 days. I said to her i just don't know how i feel.

Could it be possible?

My head is doing somersaults trying to think all of this through.

Replies

• I know what you mean. At the moment I started bleeding again after having a positive test and I hold on to every straw I can grab. I know I should expect the worst, but I am still having hope it might be normal bleeding, it might not be that bad etc. So I can understand what you mean. I however would say if you passed the baby and sack the changes are small. There are cases where people where pregnant with twins and lost one of them but the other stayed in there.

Only thing I can tell you is not to get your hopes up to high till the scan. I know how hard it is. Last month after a chemical pregnancy I did a test after my 'period' I saw the clot which would have been pregnancy material and still did the test. I was hoping it would have been twins etc, needless to say it wasn't. It is possible, but very unlikely.
  • Hi hun, no-one can really answer yes or no until you have your scan done. I have heard of ladies that bleed heavily with clots and go on to have a healthy baby but I really don't want to get your hopes up because I know how much it would hurt if it went the other way.
    The only thing you can do is wait for your scan, when is the appointment? xx
  • My appointment is Wednesday at 11.55am.

I was fine until all these questions and predictions were fired at me.

I am trying not to get my hopes up as i really don't think there is a little one in there but there is all those words in the back of my head niggling away.
    Esp as they made me panic last night as i was lifting heavy stuff which did give me slight stomach pains but i think my tummy is still a bit tender from the spasms from the mc
    xx
  • It must be very confusing for you and Wednesday probably feels like a lifetime away. I will be thinking of you

Jacqui
    xx
  • Sounds very confusing for you and I am not surprised that you are messed up. I remember waiting to have my scan over a week from when I had a small bleed and I went from convinced everything would be fine one second to thinking the worst the next! Will be thinking of you on Weds - Good Luck!!
  • hi hun. not sure wat to say part from good luck and watever the outcome be strong image good luck xxx
  • Thank you ladies,

Yes Wednesday does seem ages away!! I'm worried about finding the EPU at the hospital or even the hospital itself!!! I've only lived down here since 07 and thankfully have never had to go there. Could be an interesting journey lol

Going to go shopping afterwards though - need to get hubby his Easter Egg
  • Well, i had my scan which was a little uncomfortable as it was an internal scan and as i suspected there was nothing there but on a good note the lining has gone back to normal etc so i can start ttc again once i'm ready. They said after next AF which i will probably wait for anyhow.
    They took a blood sample to check my hormone levels but still waiting back for those results.
  • Hi hun (((hugs))) I know it wasn't the answer you really wanted to hear but it's great to see you are being so strong and positive about it xx
  • Thanks Huni, they explained more reasons why miscarriages happen which is why I think I'm being more positive about it rather than just being left to feel it was my fault that it happened.
    When I last saw my doctor he did say that as this was my second mc that I may get a slightly earlier mw appointment next time.
    I did say last week that I'd probably wait a couple of months before ttc again but how I'm feeling now I think we'll definately start ttc after next af, just don't know as yet when that will arrive. I know I could start now but I keep a close record of when I start af etc so I can get dates etc worked out.
    Thank you ladies for all your support xx
  • Pleased your body is behaving itself! Hope you have some good news soon!