Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

2nd consecutive miscarriage....getting worried now :-(

Hi,

Just looking for a bit of advice really, I starting bleeding alot yesterday, i would just be approachig 7 weeks. I also miscarried at 7 weeks at Easter. I'm in America so havent seen a doctor, but i will go to the hospital when i'm home later this week to confirm what i already know.

Should i start to worry that there could be a problem? I have done alot of research and i dont seem to be in any of the risk groups - i'm only 25, i dont smoke, i've hot a healthly vegaterian diet.

My partner says we can try again as soon as i'm ready - should i wait longer than just having one natural period? I have followed every rule, i dont know what to do moving forward. I'm trying to put on a brave face infront of my partner because i'm scared that he can only bear to see me upset so many times before he says we should stop trying

Has anyone else had two consecutive misscarriages while trying for their first baby? Any advice you can give would be really appriecated

Carla x

Replies

• Hi hun,

I don't technically belong in this forum anyomore but still pop in to see how everyone is getting on.

I've had 2 mc when trying for my first baby - 1 at 6+2 and the other at 6+5, but now I'm pregnnat and am currently 14+2 and everything is going well (touch wood).

After the 1st mc I waited for one period before trying again, however this time around I didn't wait and got pregnant without a period in between. I think the key is to try when you're ready. After my 1st mc I thought I wanted to be pg again, but didn;t let hubby near with me so I obviously didn't, however after the 2nd mc I wanted to try straight away and we did.

I hope this helps, and I would advise to keep talking to the lovely ladies on here - I really don't think I would have got through those hard times without them.

Lots of hugs

xxx
  • Carla i know how you feel, i recently lost my 2nd pregnancy and too am worried about next time around.
    Like you, i was pregnant and lost it in april, and then in may was pregant again only to lose tha at the beginning of june.
    I am 27, fairly healthy, non-smoker and hardly drink so it feels so unfair when you see some people doing drink & drugs but have lovely babies.
    As rainbow said, just go at your own pace and try when you're ready.
    Also, i would deffo get checked out, bleeding in pregnancy doesnt always mean miscarriage.
    All the best xx

• thanks for your messages.

I want to be pregnant again, but i know i need time physically and mentally.

Reading everyones stories on here is helping,

Congratualtions Rainbow, i guess i just need to stay positive and hope that my time will come soon. I think i'm just worried that it will never happen for me.

Thanks again xxx
  • Hi Hun, I have had three early mc, I'm now being tested for numerous different things to see of they can find an answer. I'm reassured by my consultant that most things that can causes this are treatable. And to feel reassured that I can get pregnant. This is hard because I feel scared at the prospect of pregnancy incase of another loss and that I wouldn't e able to fully enjoy any pregnancy for being scared thatsomwthib may happen. Unfortantly we have no control over it, and it makes it more that painful. In a glimmer of hope ppl do experiance bleeding in the early mo tha of pregnancy and go on to have healthy babys. It isn't over until the blood test states so. My sister who has two other children went to the doctors the other week with constipation pains to find she was in early labour. After 9 months of normal periods!!! Unbelievable but true. Hope that everything turns out ok Hun xxx