Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

when will this end?? Now have to have D&C **UPDATED**

Well i started bleeding about 3.5 weeks ago and docs confirmed that i lost by baby 3 weeks ago tomorrow.
I started bleeding very heavy, losing lots of very big clots and was so bad i was taken to hospital as i had lost that much blood.
Had to had a small procedure to remove clots that were blocking my cervix and was told the sac was still there and should pass a couple of days later.
Since then i felt much better and had a final scan yesterday to make sure everything had gone.
Well,,,,,,,it's still there!!! The sac and tissue lining are still there and clinging on for dear life.

So after all the bleeding, hassle, upset and uncomfort, i now have to have a d&c tomorrow.

Hopefully after that everything should finish and i'll be back to normal.

How long do you normally bleed after a d&c does anyone know??? And is it safe to start trying again once the bleeding has stopped?

Updated:: Well i had the d&c yesterday and it went well as far as i know as the doc went home before i woke up!!
I feel quite well today, was VERY spaced out when i woke up and felt very sick and had period type pains but this morning i feel almost like normal.
Bleeding is light at the moment so i'm hoping it stays like that.
Did a pg test just to make sure all the hormones are gone and got a BFN so at least i know that if i get a postive on next test it will be because i'm actually pregnant again.
Doc advised to wait at least 1 week before having sex again but said to wait for one AF before ttc. She did say that it's only a recommendation though and it's up to me and how i physically feel if i want to try earlier.

Thanks to everyone for their advice. x

[Modified by: srus2710 on 10 April 2010 09:47:27 ]

Replies

• Hi Hun,

I had a d&c when my beans heart stopped at 7 weeks. I opted for a d&c partly as i had had no bleeding etc, and partly as i knew i didnt want a natural mc. i was in a bit of discomfort after the procedure, so make sure u have some painkillers and a hot water bottle on standby. i bled a bit straight after the procedure, but then for the next 10 days i just spotted, and then it stopped. but fro what ive seen other ladies write on here, it can be very variable.

i was advised to wait for 1 period after the d&c before starting to ttc, which i did. i was told this was to make sure everything was 'back to normal' inside.

i hope it all goes as well as it can for you, and if u have any more questions everyone on here is lovely and very supportive.

thinking of u.
    xx
  • Don't have any experience of the D &C hun as mine came away naturally but wanted to send hugs and let you know that I will be thinking of you tomorrow,
    Love MrsH xx
  • I had a D+C with both my mmcs.
    I normally have a 27/28 day cycle... however after the 1st procedure i bled for about 6-7 days and then waited 34 days for next AF.
    After the 2nd procedure, i bled on and off for about 3 weeks, which was very disturbing...
    I suppose it varies hun...

So sorry your having to got through this...

tc
  • sory to hear this! good luck with your d and c... i had mine 5 weeks ago and i was lucky not to have any bleeding after at all! most people have beleding for over 4 5 weeks! after my d and c i waited about 4 days before trying again... everyones different though! hope it all goes ok! the ladies in here are amazing and have helped me loads so were always here 4 ya for a chat!
    claire xx
  • was meant to say bleeding in the second line!!!
  • morning sweetheart,
    glad you are ok after the D & C, take it easy this weekend babe xx
  • Glad everything went well xx
  • hey glad it went ok. were all here for you whenever you need a chat! take it easy
    claire xx
  • hey glad it went ok. were all here for you whenever you need a chat! take it easy
    claire xx
  • Hi I had a D&C or ERPC as my hospital seems to call it and had light bleeding for 5 weeks. Really frustrating for me but then my first AF at 6 weeks and now I am back to normal and think I am ovulating right now. From all the posts here people seem to have very different bleeding. I am ttc now and I think there is no harm ttc straight away, it seems the reason to wait for first AF is for dating reasons rather than anything medical.

How are you feeling in yourself, I found it very difficult to come to terms with and this forum really helped. i cam on here alot to express my emotions.

Take care

Jacqui
    xx
  • i'm not doing too bad thanks, it is hard to come to terms with but i just keep focusing on when we can try again.
    I hope i don't bleed for 5 weeks!! I thought it was getting lighter yesterday but today it's back full force!
    I'm due back at work tomorrow but i don't know whether to have another day or two, it's just been so much to handle lately.
    I've posted a couple of times on here as i feel i just need someone to talk to. My hubby is great but it's hard coz he doesn't know how it feels like you guys do image x