Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Hi, think I'm joining you

Hello ladies,

I think I am joining you after a very eventful week. To cut a long story short, I started spotting last week at 5+2 and was booked in for a scan today at 6+1 as it was too early last week to tell anything although the signs were good.

Since then I've spotted more, but not had any sort of flow if you know what I mean. At my scan today (although the pg test was still positive) there was no evidence of a pregnancy, nor of an iminet miscarriage, and the hospital thought that;
1) I had had a very early mc, hense why no heavy bleeding or
2) I was having ectopic pg or
3) my dates are wrong and it was too early to see.

So I had my bloods done and have been told that they are 252 - which means that it's not an ectopic pg. I now have to have my bloods done on Wednesday to see if/how they have changed. My dates can't be wrong as I used my CBFM so I know when I ov, so I'm pretty sure that I have mc.

DH and I are gutted, but are slowly getting through it, although I expect a very bump ride ahead. Although we're not TTC, I feel that this was the right forum to be in - I hope you don't mind.

xxx

Replies

• you're def in the right forum hun, everyone is so supportive in here, and lots of people join before they actually start to ttc again.

I hope you can get some definite answers one way or the other on weds, so you can start to move on. all of us are here to help you in any way we can, coz the first few weeks are always the toughest.
    Gems
    xx
  • hello rainbow, you can stay as long as you like! these women are wonderful! supportive,full of knowledge and love. sorry to hear of your loss! *hugs*

[Modified by: gussie on November 23, 2009 08:09 PM]

• Rainbow i'm so sorry - I've been peeking in on July (not brave enough to join yet) and following your story, I was sad to read your update today. I hope Wed goes well for you xx
  • I'm so sorry Rainbow.

I'm also sorry to say i don't think your dr is right to say it can't be an ectopic i'm afraid. I was told I had an earlt miscarriage, the scan showed nothing in the womb. When they tested my hcg it was 214, then went up 50% then very slow rising. It was an ectopic.

I'm not saying its the same for you but th einfo you have been given on your hcg alone isn't right. For a viable pregnancy they would want your hcg to increase by at least 66% in 48 hours, if stays the same or is slow rising is indicater of ectopic.

If you go onto the ectopic trust, they are brilliant.

I'm so sorry you're going through this x x
  • Hi Rainbow

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. You have definitely joined the right group.

I had an early miscarriage 6 week ago at 6 weeks. I passed my bean the day before the scan so knew what to expect when I was booked in at the EPU. It was very tough for me and hubby but you will get through it. Things do get easier. I know this wont make you feel any better at present but I promise you it will. We'll all be here for you if you want a chat, moan or rant!

You need to take the next couple of weeks easy. Dont beat yourself up about it. This is not something that you have done its just a fact of life which is very difficult to deal with. If you want to cry, cry. If you want to spend the day in bed watching old movies do it. If you cant face peopl at work for a while take some time off. You need to be selfish and do what you feel is right for you. Make sure that you and your partner talk as much as you need to and make time for each other. Myself and hubby booked 2 days away in a hotel to pull ourselves together and spend some time aloneand it was the best thing that we could have done.

We're here if you want to chat.

Lots of love and hugs

Snooks xxx
  • Hi rainbow, have seen u about a bit in the ttc forum - i dont venture in there much as is a bit painful at times after my mmc in august. am sorry to hear this hun and hope Wednesday brings some answers at least as that is definitely one of the worst bits! Def initely the right forum to be in!!!! xxx
  • Hi hun just wanted to send a big (((((((hug)))))))) xxx
  • Hi Rainbow,

You're very welcome here and everyone is brilliant and supportive. I had an early mc at 6+4 in Oct. Thinking of you and make sure you take time to recover. xx
  • Hi Rainbow. So sorry to see you in this forum. Sending you an enormous internet cuddle.

XXXSara
  • Im so sorry to hear this rainbow. Big hugs.

I agree with what MP said as I also had an ectopic and they couldnt see anything at my scan. Not saying this is the same as you but just making u aware.

Take care xx
  • Hi again,

Thank you all so much for your messages, it really meant a lot.

Thank you Mp and wigzy, I will check again when I go back to EPU tomorrow to have my bloods taken.

To give you a little update on me, today I have started to bleed and I'm certain that I have now miscarried. Although I will check about eptopic again.

In a way, its almost like a relief as I now know for certain that this bean wasn't meant to be, so I'm hopefully now on the road to recovery.

Thank you all again for your welcome, and although we're not TTC just yet, I think I'll stick in here for a while.

xxx
  • Sorry to hear your news Rainbow.
  • So sorry to hear your news Rainbow. I will be thinking of you tomorrow and hope you get the answers you need xx
  • hey hun, how did you get on with your bloods today? xx
  • Thanks again to you all for your support.

Well I've had my bloods done again today, and they have dropped to 114, so just less than half, so they think that with my symtopms I have had a miscarriage like I thought. I have to have another test in a fortnight just to confirm it all really. MP and Wigzy, does this sound about right to you both?

I'm not sure if this is normal, but I'm begining to feel a whole range of emotions, for a while I feel OK and then all of a sudden my world comes crashing down and I just feel so upset, and other times quite angry too.

I'm also very worried that I may not be able to carry a child and this is why the mc happenned. I'm very scared of being pregnant again, but also scared if AF arrives in a few months as that would mean I am not, and I really want a baby more than anything else in the world. We're not going to activly TTC to begin with so won't use my CBFM etc, but we will still have UPSI and try and go with the flow (well that's the plan, which could change at some point knowing me!)

DH has been truely fantastic, and I couldn't have asked for anymore from him, although I was worried that the mc may push us apart, I really don't think it's going to which is a huge relief.

Thank you all so much for the warm welcome, and I look forward to chatting to you.

xxx

• Hi rainbow, i too have had a complete miscarriage confirmed today and my hcg has dropped to 81.
    Hopefully we can be there for each other, hope you are able to take it easy, i am off for the rest of the week and trying to be strong and focus on that at least this time bean was in the right place, have had previous ectopic and one of unknown location.
    Hugs and thinking of you.
    Sarah
    xx
  • Thinking of you too as I also had a miscarriage this week. I am trying to focus on the positive that it only took 3 months of trying to conceive and hopefully it won't take too long again when we are ready to try again. Desperately want a little brother or sister for my little boy and feeling very tearful at the moment. Big hugs to you.
  • the hCG sounds about right for MC. my MC all passed naturally, not a missed. the day it was confirmed by ultrasound my hCG was still over 300. a week later it was 13. hope it's much lower next week, then you can start to move on a little more.
    Gxx
  • You poor thing. With ectopics your hcg stays same or slow rises so sounds like a mc to me.

I know it's awful but when I was going through mine and i knew there was no chance of pregnnacy progressing I was hoping it would be mc rather than ectopic but wasn't to be.

I'm so sorry for your loss and I fully understand your loss. I'm terrified i'll never be able to get pregnant in the right place and the sooner it gets to me being able to ttc again the more scared I get. But i'm so desparate to be a mummy that I just have to be so brave. Me and hubby said when we have our baby in our arms all of this pain will have been worth it. Just wish i could fast forward time.

So sorry about your mc mrs ward and so sorry for your previous ectopics. Mine was next to my left ovary. I feel a bit like if it were to happen again at least I know everything about it as I had absolutely no idea before.

The only thing I can say is it does get better. Go with your emotions in the meantime x x x
  • The feelings are all totally rational! as u had an early mc hopefully your body will return to normaly quite quick - i know you'd prefer for other reasons for it not too but i found this really did help and was a step closer to ttc again!) In strange sort of way our mmc brougght me and DH a bit closer, it does get easier. xx