Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Hello - Can I join you?

Hi everyone

at about 7 weeks pregnant I started to bleed and at 7+5 I had a scan showing that my little baby never developed. I had to wait 2 weeks for a confirmation scan which was today, and because I haven't miscarried the pregnancy sac I have to go back to the hospital on Thursday to take some tablets to help it go.

We're hoping to start trying again as soon as it's safe to. At the moment I just feel numb, I don't know what to do with myself and I feel like the pain will never go away.

I know it will be a little while before we can officially start TTC again, but I'd love to join you over here if I can.

Thanks

Rachel

Replies

• Hi Rachel, so sorry to hear your news. I suffered a missed miscarriage a few months back now and opted for an ERPC. I got my first period after that at about 4 weeks after. I too felt numb (still do at times). Physically I am better, but still emotionally up and down, but things are getting better and we are looking forward to trying again. Everyone on this forum is lovely and friendly and helped me through difficult times, when no one else seemed to understand. Take care. Zoe xx
  • Hi Rachel,

I know exactly how you feel. I found out we were expecting on 2nd March, seen my GP that week and the same day started spotting so visited our local Walk In Centre and was referred to EPAU. When I went for my scan was told the gestation sac was present and everything looked ok, but there was no fetal pole or heart beat so had to return 10 days later. Within days of the first scan I started bleeding heavily and went to our local A&E (who were awful - kept me waiting 4 hours to tell me nothing and send me home and return to EPAU as arranged on 19th March) at that appointment was told everything was still present but baby hadnt developed and was diagnosed with a missed misscarriage at 6 weeks. I couldnt accept what was being said as I still had pregnancy symptoms so choose to let nature take its course and see if it would come away naturally, unfortuantely after 5 weeks it had and was causing a lot of discomfort so was admitted on Saturday to hospital to have what was left removed.

It does get easier - I am now starting to feel 'normal' again and trying to stay positive. Only since Saturday, I have begin to accept what has happened and am looking forward to trying again soon, its the physical side for me that hasnt recovered as quick as I would of liked! Everyone on here is lovely and understand what your going through when no-one else does! Take care and keep your chin up

Emma xxx