Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

FAO Mafia Princess or anyone who had/knows about ectopic pg!

firstly, mp i haven't seen u around for a while so i hope u r ok but i also wanted to pic ur brains (or anyone else who can help!) with an ectopic pg did u get a +ive HPT? I had what i thought was a normal AF 3 weeks ago and was happily poas this month awaiting my highs/peak on mycbfm, cd20 and still nothing, but then started to spot... and have had a mini AF... today i've only had a bit of brown spotting, sorry tmi, but earlier this pm i had the sharpest pains in my left side.... i did an FR a couple of days ago after the spotting/bleeding started but it was -ive.... Thanks in advance ladies. xxx

Replies

• Options
    Hi Rocky! I'm ok, just needed a bit of time out.

I did get a positive hpt day after af due but it was v v faint. When I started brown spotting and went to epu they said the test was negative and i'd mc. A week later v strong positive and you know the rest.

If if was ectopic you would have a positive hpt as the hcg is there but not as high as a viable pregnancy.

My ov is all out this month for some reason. was due to ov cd16 and on cd 19 and still highs. Could the pain be ov pains coming do you think? Are you getting highs or lows on your cbfm? x x
  • Options
    that's fair enough hun, i don't come on here quite as much but i do check in more than i respond! i've had lows inc this morning. they were really quite sharp and lasted a good 10 mins... and then had the odd twinge since. i've re set my cbfm this morning to cd 5, as it's been 5 days sinc bleeding so have counted it as an AF so i can monitor what my body id up too! xxx
  • Options
    Hi Rocky & MP,

Have been wondering about you both.

MP have missed you huni.

Rocky hun I really think there must be some more your GP can do for you, do you get odd pains any other times through your cycle? There must be some explanation for whats been happening & maybe you should go back explain how long you have been ttc & ask them to refer you to a gynae so you can get some more answers. Sorry I know the GP has done some bloods but cant remember if you discussed being referred.

Some of your symptoms that you have sound similar to when I had endometriosis I dont want to worry you cause it's not necersarily this, did you have an erpc with your mc?

Basically with my endo I used to suffer pains in abdo & random bleeding like my AF's would last for longer and maybe spot between cycles.

It's caused by extra tissue in or around your uterus & or scar tissue.

It can be hard to diagnose i.e. sometimes only by surgical procedure.

Like I say im not a doc so I cant say for definate but I know your very worried & fed up with it all & really wish they would do some more to get to the bottom of things so just thought i'd mention it. xxxx
  • Options
    Hi Laura and massive congratulations! I keep trying to post on your thread but BE keeps saying error!!

I can't tell you how happy I am for you, I have such good feelings aout this for you! How many weeks are you? I know you must be so scared but you're such a strong person and I have every faith in your little bubba.

I'm ov'ing today and we have bd'ed so much that can't do much else! Really hope to join you in pregnancy soon x x
  • Options
    Hi Rocky

It's not like I have any wise words for you but I just wanted to offer you my support and also echo what Laura said - surely your GP could do more to help you? GP's can be a total mare I know and what I have found is that you have to really badger them til you are blue in the face to get any help, sorry, that probably doesn't help you, I suppose what I'm saying is don't let them fob you off.

Big interweb kisses, Saraxxxxx
  • Options
    Hey Rocky

Just wondering how you are my lovely xxxxxx
  • Options
    hey all, sorry been trying to avoid here a little bit. spotting/bleeding has all gone, and no more sharp pains on one side, had a few general aches though... have started poas again today with my cbfm and have marked in my diary when AF should have been here this month... so if it doesn;t show i'm going to get back in touch with my gp like she suggested and explain my concerns and about the pains etc. don't feel like there;s much point until then really. as we've only been ttc for 8 months sinc mmc i'm not sure they're going to be that willing to help just yet, but i will stress about the pains to them ,. Thanks for caring guys and hope u are all well. xxx
  • Options
    Rocky You say you've only been trying for 8 months since mmc, I dont see it like that & would say we've been ttc for over 2 years with one mmc.

It is scary going to the doctors for help & advice it's a big step but as I've heard so many times from other ladies knowledge is power & you may feel better & a little brighter knowing that you've taken some steps to see if theres any reason why this is happening.

Thinking of you & sending you lots of hugs xxx
  • Options
    hhhhmmmm, i've not really thought of it like that laujai. would they take it like that as well do you think? check ur memory out btw! lol/

On a plus side i got a high on my cbfm today cd 10, going by the bleed i had and classing it as an AF, so guess it must've been... I'm going to wait and see if i get my peaks as normal, could be waiting up to another 10 days but that's usual and then see if we're lucky this month, if not then i'll phone my gp the day of AF - helps to build a bit of my pma back up lol, and then plan on asking about the pains etc, as also going to try the anti biotics again to fight the throat thrush! it's a lot milder now so hoping they may kick it in the teeth! and if i take it on cd1 i'll be ready for ov next cycle. That's the plan anyways. This recent bleed is the 2nd one i've had since the mmc but before i was pg i never had any problems which i do find a bit worrying... do you mind me asking what symptoms of endo you had before ur treatment hun? xxx
  • Options
    Yea I think they would take it like that dont see why not that's how it is isnt it. That's what I said to cons when we saw him when asked how long weve been ttc.

Of course you can ask about the endo, basically I used to get mid cycle bleeds, af would be irregular & then when she's arrive I'd carry on spotting fo ages after. Also the pain would be quite sharp, basically for me the extra tissue affected my left tube and bowel (tube stuck to bowel) for me got to the point were I couldnt walk or go to the toilet without being in agony this time was quite severe though. They operated & lasered away as much of the endo as possible but now I have scar tissue from 2 lots of surgery to treat it & now i've had 2 erpc so possibly more scar tissue, it can build up after each AF I think. Some women can have it & not experience much pain at all. I would def get referred to a gynae though to see why your cycles have gone a bit haywire since mmc.

If you need anything else just let me know hun xxx