Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Miscarried 3 days ago...

I miscarried naturally 3 days ago. I was 10wk3d but the baby measured 7wks approx. Me and my husband are understandable distraught but are very much trying to move on as we really really want a baby. I have pretty much stopped bleeding now, which is a good sign (I think!) and I was wondering, whether we're able to start TTC straight away?? I know the doctors usually say wait until your next cycle for dating reasons but if we don't HAVE to and it won't potentially put the baby at risk if I do 'catch' straight away, can we just go for it??

Also, this may sound silly but....Ive seen so many stories where lucky ladies became pregnant within 2/3 weeks of miscarrying, do any of you do a pregnancy test to make sure you don't still have any preg hormones from your previous pregnancy??? I know Ive babbled on so sorry! xxx

Replies

• Options
    Hi and sorry for your loss.

I MC nearly 7 weeks ago and I am now pregnant again, I am unsure how far gone I am as I have had no period in between but I think I am nearly 5 weeks.( should be getting a early scan at some point)

I tested three times after MC and the last two were negative so I know this is a new pregnancy and I keep testing every couple of days and the line comes up straight way but it still has not sunk in yet.

We started trying as soon as I stopped bleeding, I know people like to wait until they get their period back but I did'nt and I think it is up to the person whether they are ready to try again straight afterward MC.

Good luck

Gem x
  • Options
    Aaaah congratulations!! Thats brilliant news!

Me and hubby want to start trying asap so I guess I'll be stocking up on HPT's! I just think we'll both feel so much better when we get back to normality and start trying for another baby.

It took us 1 month to get pregnant the first time round, so hopefully this will be the same. And some people say, you are more fertile after a MC anyway!

Thanks Lovely and good luck with your pregnancy

Jayde x
  • Options
    Hiya so sorry to hear that you too have suffered a mc, life is so cruel sometimes, glad to hear you are feeling positive though.
    Yes you can try straight away and people do fall pregnant without having af in between, to be sure it is a new pregnancy and not old hormones do a test now so you will know.
    good luck and try stay positive xxxx
  • Options
    Hi Jayde, sorry you are joining us but we are all lovely so feel free to chat anytime!
    it took me 3 months to fall pregnant after natural mc at 5/7 weeks but sadly I had a mmc at 9 1/2 weeks and found out just before my 12 week scan, i had ERPC.
    I am now back to month one of TTC and praying it happens soon!
    xx
    good luck trying and lots of baby dust to you x
  • Options
    Hi hun, I'm g/c but have been in your shoes, I'm so sorry that life has been cruel to you. I miscarried at 12 weeks but baby died in me at 9 weeks. This was on may 2010. Wanted to give you hope as I'm now 10 weeks pregnant. O fell pregnant within a week of my miscarriage. My body just got back on with it as if nothing had happened. My midwife and Gp said so long as bleeding has stopped then I could try again straight away. It's really helped us to grieve and to have a sense of purpose. I wish you all the luck in your new journey and just remember this baby was way to special for this earth. Take care hun. H2TA xxx
  • Options
    Thank you all for your replies, although we've all been through this truly horrible experience, it has given me so much hope knowing that there is light at the end if the tunnel and pregnancy rate after mc is generally quite high!

I wish all of you the best of luck with ttc and your pregnancies and look forward to chatting more!

*.*. BABYDUST *.*.*

Jayde xx
  • Options
    Hiya Jayde - just wanted to say sorry to hear that your going through a horrible time, and welcome you to the board (although I wish I wasn't IYSWIM) but you are in the right place for support. This board has been invaluable to me since my MMC at the start of June.
    I wish you luck with TTC and lots of sparkly babydust xx
    Sue x
  • Options
    Hi I am so sorry for what you are going through. I m/c last week so still very fresh and I know it is so cruel, A week does make a difference though or has with me, Im feeling a bit more optimistic and that we will get thru this and try again and I know you will when you are ready. Every day I have cried a little less and I hope I will never forget but will get happier and I truly hope this for you too. Big hug xx