Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss

to those that miscarried naturally?

I had a massive bleed today an have passed a clot which looked foetus shaped so 100 positive I've lost my baby!
Epu ca?????t see me till tue an they said nothing they could do anyway!
So was bleeding for about 2hrs heavy passed this an now nothing.
I was just wondering whether those of you that have also sadly miscarried also had this or whether docs had to perform any kind of op aswell or will this bit it?
Sorry hope this makes sense, head still all over the place.x

Replies

• Hi Hun I'm so sorry to hear of your loss, when I mc in may, I started with light bleeding which gradually got heavier, and then after 2 days I passed my baby, and then continued to bleed for a further week. I had to keep going back to the epu to have pregnancy tests as my hcg levels took a while to go down. I don't think 2 hours is long enough to bleed if u are having a mc, so u should push the epu to scan u as if your body doesn't expel everything (sorry I don't know what other words to use) you are at risk of an infection. So sorry u are going through this, hugs to u and your oh xxxx
  • I had a natural MC last year. I didn't have a definite time when I passed the foetus, just 5 days of painful passing clots. Then at a scan was told my uterus was empty and wouldn't need an op. They just made sure my hCG came down. still had bleeding for a week or 2 after that tho.
  • Oh nic, I'm sorry your posting on here chick, my bleed started with a brown discharge then got progressively heavier until I started loosing large clots, there wasnt just one clot and to be honest chick the fetus is so small at this stage that it would be hard to distinguish it from the other tissue that you are losing, so dont be surprised if you get lots of clotting.

The only thing I would say that if you have stopped bleeding it may be a pregnancy bleed which some ladies have posted about on here. If you are really scared, like I was I just went to a&e and was seen by the gynae doctors who can confirm it for you.

Lots of love hun!!xxx
  • Sorry you going through this Hun I have already replied to your thread in DIA

I sadly had a mc at the beginning of July and I had had a bit of a bleed a week before so the doc sent me up to epu where they took my hcg levels and was told to back in a couple of days where it had showed my hcg levels were dropping and I would miscarry which sadly I did that week later. I only bled for a couple of days and I know I passed my baby and the pains were horrible I was told to do a pregnancy test a week later and if still positive then I would go back up but a just over a week later my test was negative :cry:

Gem x

• Hi There Nic, so so sorry to hear what you are going through right now honey. I m/c naturally at 5 weeks on 10th august and day before when I started bleeding I went to A&E as I was in pain and the EPU wouldnt see me as they said to monitor blood loss for 48 hours...great!!!!!. Anyway A&E took my blood levels and then told me to go back to epu two days later for further blood tests, the next day I was passing a lot of clots etc and very heavy bleeding for 2 days, and as my levels had dropped dramatically i was told that there wasnt anything to be done, just rest and wait for bleeding to stop in around 7 days.
    They also told me to take a pregnancy test once bleeding had stopped, which I did on the following Monday and it was negative. It is all very heartless and you feel as if someone somewhere should be doing something, I think the harsh reality is thou that there isnt anything they can do really and they see so many of us....cold comfort I know. I hope you find strength and support on here as all the ladies are wonderful, If you do want someone to see you I would recommend go to A&E, they were wonderful with me and I was thouroughly examined and looked after.
    Lots of hugs xxxx
  • Thanks ladies I'm not gonna get my hopes up now I've got it into my head that babys gone. I was fine this mon then got af type pains then the heavy blood. It was like I was weein blood there was that much but then this blob came out. It was bout length of my thumb and like a shrimp shape which is why I'm presumin it was baby.
    After this still no more bleeding. Doc dated me at about 8/9 week
    Maybe bleedin will start again?
    How long do u have to wait before teyin again? Xx.
  • Oh hun I still can't believe this has happened.
    They recommend you wait till after your first af for dating purposes but I would go for it when ever your ready.
    I have done a post about getting preg straight away so if you look in my other posts you will find some replies xxx
  • HI pet, so so sorry this has happened to you. I mc naturally at start of July. I started to bleed 2 weeks earlier, it got heavier daily but baby was there with hb. At the end I passed a lot of clots, didnt look too closely, but I can completely get the 'weeing blood'. It was awful. After the clots I bled (flooded) for the next few hours, then it stopped. I was scanned the next day and everything was gone. I was told I didnt need any further treatment, and that was it. AF came 6 weeks later. We started trying straight away but didnt happen. You will do what you feel is right for you. Remember you are still in the very early days and you have suffered a huge loss. Good luck to you and look after yourself xx
  • Thanks for that link Lyndsay.x. That's reasurring knowing people have got pregnant straight away an gone on to have healthy babies.
    I know its early days an people say wait but I can't I just want a baby.x
  • **sorry Lindsay just realised I spell your name wrong everytime I write it. Lol xx
  • I had a natural mc in July and mine began as brown bleeding for a few days then major red bleeding accompanied by what I can only describe as contraction pains. I then passed huge clots, some litterally the size of my fist and bled for about 2 weeks in all.

So sorry you are having to go through this, its horrid. I never needed an op, just had to take a pg test around 10 days later to confirm the bfn.
  • I never waited for af after mc and 5 and bit weeks later I got my bfp. We started trying a week after mc. I think just when you feel ready and for me that was straight away xx

Gem x
  • Nic, im so happy you asked these questions, they are all going around in my head xx ive nearly stopped bleeding but when i spoke to epu she said it could be spotting for around 3 weeks, im there for a scan on wednesday so they can see if everything has expelled naturally or weather they need to remove anything x feeling alot stronger today, hubs working and belle is here wrecking the house so no time to sit and mope x
    big hugs hun xxxx thinking of you x
  • Hi Demi, I feel better today aswell. Dreading tue though when I have to go to epu.
    I feel like I've come to terms with it and I can't wait to try again. Have had no more blood at all since yest which is weird!
    I'm home wiv Jake but want him wiv me all the time, not even letting hubby take him to c his mum today cos I don't want to b parted from him!
    I'm also getting wound up wiv friends status's when there on about wot a good night out they had last night! I don't expect them to be moping about as obviously wasn't there baby but I just think its really insensative! Wanna put how glad I am they had a good night when I was home loosing my baby!! I know its just my hormones all over place, and prob one of many emotions ill go through!
    Glad your feeling better aswell. Was thinking of u and Lindsay last night.
    Big Hugs Hun.xxx
  • Oh girls what a horrible week. I can say that im a week on and I feel alot better. I do know I will have bad days and dreading my 1st due date in december but I will cope, I have too.

A friend of mine suggested buying a teddy to remember the baby by. No one else needs to know what it is or why you have it but you will always remember your baby by seeing it. I do plan on getting one for my babies.

Im glad your both feeling a little better xxx