Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Can you ladies help me....?

Hi everyone. I have recently miscarried, bleeding started on new years day and only stopped properly three days ago. I was at hospital yesterday and my hcg levels were still 500. I'm getting worried because yesterday i was getting very bad pain on my left side and today pain in my lower back (left side).

I have phoned epu and asked them should i be worried and they said its probably ovulation pain. But i don't understand how it can be ov pain when my hcg is still quite high?? Any ideas??

Replies

• Hi Mrs KD,

If you are in great pain and your hcg is high I would be going to your epu now. Have they investigated the possibility of an ectopic pregnancy?Have you been scanned?

If they have scanned you and ruled out ectopic it could be an infection. You can't ovulate when your hcg is 500, it's too high.

Please go you your epu, they shouldn't be fobbing you off.

Big hugs x x x
  • Im so sorry hun.
    I agree with MP hun dont want to worry you but they should be keeping an eye on what your hcg levels are doing & give you a scan to check for ectopic or retained tissue.

Give them or your GP a call 1st thing tomorrow & see what they say hun.

Good Luck xxx
  • Hi hun, sorry to hear what you are going through.
    I have had a recent mc, starting on xmas eve.
    I bled for 3 days and then nothing for 12, starting again lightly this weekend.
    I have been back and forth to the hosp for bloods as my levels were about 70 and then went to 100 and then to 120, they have been monitoring me for an ectopic, but after more bloods on Monday they are slowly going down.
    Your HCG levels are much higher than mine so I would push that they look at possibility of it being ectopic (don't want to scare you though hun)
    I am surprised too that you could be ovulating with HCG levels that high.

Good luck and definitely pursue EPU further xxxx
  • Hi

I've so far had 3 scans, first two they found the sac and the third one was after i had been bleeding and they said the sac was gone but some clots left which would come away. My last scan was tuesday last week. They took bloods then and my levels had dropped to 800. But when i had bloods done yesterday they said it had dropped but not as much as they thought as it was 520. That was in over a week.

I told the midwife that i couldn't be ovulating if hcg was high and she went and spoke to the doc. they phoned back and said coz my levels were dropping they were happy. They are going to do bloods again in two weeks to see what hcg is doing.

Its difficult to know whats going on, they just don't seemed concerned and when i phone i feel daft!!!
  • Aw don't feel daft at all hun! They are there to help.

They are definitely decreasing hun so try not to worry, glad they are going to do more bloods to check, same for me - back to hosp on Monday.

Let us know how you get on hun xxx
  • You poor thing.

I had an ectopic pegnancy in september and i didn't have a clue what was going on either. If you don't know it's because they haven't explained it properly to you so don't feel daft. If you're anything like I was you are probablely in no fit state to be demanding to know what is happening. I delegated to hubby!

Two weeks sounds like a long time to me hun. If you are in pain I would take soome codeine and if that doesn't work it's a sign you need to go back to the epu. If you are still in pain tomorow and need codeine every 4 hours i's go back your GP.

It's such an awful and confusing time and I thnk sometimes medics forget that although they deal with this every day, we don't.

x x x
  • .....just been loo and i'm bleeding again. wtf?????

Maybe its just not all out?? I'll have to phone epu in the morning.

Thanks for all your reply's.
  • Hi hun,

Sorry you've had to go through all of this. Did you call EPU this morning?

xxx
  • Hi rainbow.

I went into epu today, i actually work at a hospital so i went in there (not the same one i had been going to).

I explained what had been going on and once again she said it was nothing to worry about and these things can take time. She never examined me or scanned me.

I am feeling bit better though, just getting period type pains so i'm not as worried. Suppose will have to just see how things go over the next few days.

Thanks very much everyone for your reply's, it much appreciated. xx
  • Glad you got some reassurance today. Hope you're feeling a bit better x x
  • It can take some time hun, hope it eases up for you soon xx
  • I know it's a horrible time, but I promise it does get better.

Sending you lots of hugs

xxx