Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Hospital tomorrow *UPDATE*

Evening girls,

Hope we are all well this wednesday eve!

Just to let you know that I am back at the hosp tomorrow, they called today and want to scan me again in the morning before deciding on course of action. Is looking very like a ectopic now and they discussed the injection on the phone briefly (sorry can't spell it) so am preparing myself for that.

Funnily I don't feel scared or too upset, finally we might be on our way to closing this sad chapter image

I know I will be nervous tomorrow but will gain strength from all of the wonderful support I have had you from you, remembering that I am not the only one at the dreaded hosp tomorrow.

Thank you again girls for your support and to MafiaP especially for helping prepare me and for giving me the information to cope with what tomorrow may bring.

Love MrsH xxx

___________________________________________________________________________________

Well I had a scan this morning and the 'cystic area' they saw 2 weeks ago is definitely still there and possibly a little bigger now which could explain the hormone levels. Because I am not in any pain, the level my hormones are at and the presence of these couple of cysts they are still thinking that it was a mc rather than ectopic. SO.... back to the hosp next Thurs for repeat bloods and then if the levels are up or have plateaud (sp!) then they will give me the Methexorate injections (for ectopics) for 'closure.' (Their words not mine).

I went today prepared for the injection and the news that it was an ect pg but no, feel bit relieved but to be honest I still may end up having the treatment so we shall see. Another week of waiting for me.

Sad but true, have been to my local EPU so much in the past 3 weeks that they know my name and recognise me now when I go in :roll:

Thank you for all the kind wishes and letting me know that you were thinking of us, it certainly got me through the visit. xxxxx

[Modified by: MrsH x on 21 January 2010 16:54:51 ]

Replies

• Options
    Hi MrsH,

Just wanted to say good luck for tomorrow. Hope all goes as well as it can.

xxx
  • Options
    Thanks Hun, I appreciate it xxx
  • Options
    Good luck tomorrow hon. We will be thinking of you so if you feel up to coming on afterwards, let us know how it went. Sending you hugs, Jo x x x
  • Options
    Good luck tomorrow hon. We will be thinking of you so if you feel up to coming on afterwards, let us know how it went. Sending you hugs, Jo x x x
  • Options
    Thanks Jo, I will do xxx
  • Options
    Good luck for tomoz - big hugs!! xx
  • Options
    Good Luck hun

I am glad that they have finally made some decisions about your treatment & like you say you can move on from this sad chapter, knowing that we are all here to offer support.

Lots of hugs xxx

• Options
    Oh Mrs H, I'm sorry but glad things are going to be sorted.

I promise you the injection (methotrexate) is nothing to be scared about. They will weight you and measure you so you get a made to measure dose.

I had mine in my bum and feels a bit cold and goes a bit numb after but that only lasts about 5 mins.

If I had any advice, tell work you won;t be in next week and maybe not the week after. Get the duvet down and get lots of rest and the methotrexate can make you feel very tired.

I'd also get some codeine in just in case you need it.

Like you, I felt relief that it was all goingto be over very soon.

I'll be thinking of you and if you need anything please just e-mail me x x x
  • Options
    Thanks girls, your support means the world image

Thanks MP - thanks to you I feel as prepared as I can for what might happen and although I will be nervous I know I can get through this. Thank you for your advice regarding work etc... I think I will ask the hosp for a doctors note so I don't have the 'going back to work pressure' on me for a few days at least.

My inlaws are here with us at the mo (live partly in Spain but buying house here for a UK base) so lots of people to take care of me - my MIL won't let me lift a finger, bless her!

Just got to focus on getting through tomorrow/friday and then looking to the future xx
  • Options
    just wanted to say good luck for tomorrow. being stuck in limbo just seems to draw out the agony of it all. Hopefully tomorrow will be one step closer to this being over for you.

think of you lots xx
  • Options
    I'm so glad you have lots of people to help out. I know you must feel so drained right now but it will be over soon.

My hospital wouldn't give me a note but I calle my GP and he signed me off for 3 weeks no question. I know a lot of people who have had next to no symptoms after but I had a bit of tugging where it was and it hurt to go for a wee.

Nobody told me to expect it so I was thinking something was very wrong. I was also a bit stupid and was trying to deal with it without pain relief. Once my hubby force fed me codeine I was 100% better. The hospital gave me loads!

You will prob be asked to go back for bloods on day 4 and day 7 after to check your hcg.

I know you probablely don't feel like it but you are being so brave x x
  • Options
    Thanks hun, my friend says I am a tough cookie but not sure I feel it sometimes.

The hosp have said that they will give me a docs note so not worried about that. Will check and see if they will give me some codeine, if not will get hubs to get some just incase.

Thank you again MF for all your support, what would I have done without you hun?!!

Thank you also to littleb xxxx
  • Options
    Thanks hun, my friend says I am a tough cookie but not sure I feel it sometimes.

The hosp have said that they will give me a docs note so not worried about that. Will check and see if they will give me some codeine, if not will get hubs to get some just incase.

Thank you again MF for all your support, what would I have done without you hun?!!

Thank you also to littleb xxxx
  • Options
    Bless you, it's no problem at all. I felt a bit isolated when I had mine as trying to find someone with the same thing was impossible and I just had no idea at all what was going on or what was going to happen next and that's what I hated the most.

Your hospital sound fab, good for them with their note!

This sounds awful but when I had my jab me and hubby were in hysterics as dr spoke v limited english and as she was about to do it she said "i'm going to give you some alcohol!" meaning the wipe. I said "oh i'll have a kir royale please" was totally lost on her and me and hubby had the worst laughing fit ever! she must have thought we were bonkers but it broke the tension and made us feel better! x x x
  • Options
    Laughter is the best medicine they say!

Have to say the hosp has been very good which is not always what people say.

I have definitely not felt isolated, between you girls, my hubs, family and friends, I count myself very lucky image

I hope that I can repay the help and support you have given me in the future for someone else although I hope no - one has to go through this.

xxxx
  • Options
    Laughter is the best medicine they say!

Have to say the hosp has been very good which is not always what people say.

I have definitely not felt isolated, between you girls, my hubs, family and friends, I count myself very lucky image

I hope that I can repay the help and support you have given me in the future for someone else although I hope no - one has to go through this.

xxxx
  • Options
    Mrs H, I hope today goes well, and i'm glad to hear you MIL will be there to take care of you afterwards. Will be thinking of you today, Elli xx
    (and by the way, you have already helped and supported plenty of people- my experience hasn't been the same as yours, but your lovely messages over the last few days have meant a lot!)
  • Options
    hello Mrs H x,

Hope every everything goes okay for you today - Im thinking of you.

Im glad the hospital are being good, and that you have a good support network around you.

hope today goes quick,and you can soon be at home with your oh.

lots of love

pb
    x x x
  • Options
    Mrs H,
    I really hope today goes well. I'll be thinking of you. Hopefully now you have answers and are taking steps forward you can begin to move forward.
    Best of Luck hun xx
  • Options
    So glad you are going to get some closure on this. Can't believe how long it has taken though - I bet you will be sooooo glad when it is over.

All my love and hugs
    Saraxx