Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Would you mind if I joined you? x

Hi everyone

I am so sorry for us all and our losses. I am having one of those weeks where I feel so low and alone, I suffered my 4th miscarriage 28th November, it took me totally by shock this time as I had not had any warning signs whatsoever, I had had two scans ( I was being monitored closely due to some problems in my previous pregnancy), both times there was a nice strong heartbeat, a day before I got to 12 weeks and was starting to be cautiously optimistic, my waters broke and I passed my tiny but perfectly formed baby, nine days on I am still bleeding and passing clots but I am being monitored and have just finished antibiotics to prevent infection.

I am keen to try again but extremely nervous, I have emigrated, my close family and friends are all in the UK so a shoulder to cry on is not easy to find out here.

Wishing you all lots of luck, K xx

Replies

• I read your story in miscarriage, but did not had the time to reply. I know how you feel about being far away from family and friends. 2 years ago I moved to England, all my friends and family are back in Holland and it is not easy to go over there. We got a 7 month old and it is a 3 hour drive from airport to my parents house, but no way of getting a proper carseat over there. (unless we pay, but it is to expensive to buy another car seat) Also all my friends are there. My husband is English, but all the people I met here are his friends and it doesn't feel right for me to bother them with the loss of our lo. They are still the bachelor type people, you know. We got some friends with babies, but they are brushing it off, or don't have the time to chat. So I end up here and talking here, because no one else is listening. I got my MIL who is great, but she recently lost her dad, so I try to stay away from her so she doesn't have to worry how I feel as well.

I did not want to go on about me, just wanted to let you know the girls here are great and they listen to you no matter how much you moan, complain or rant. image It is nice to see that in other people. We all have been through the same sort of thing. (different experiences at different times, but we all lost our lo's) I lost our second pregnancy at 12 week scan (baby died at around 8 or 9 weeks) early november. We had an erpc at the 6th and still waiting for a period to arrive. We have started 'trying' again.

I can not really say it will be easier, cause almost 5 weeks after I still got a lot of bad days. But it does get a little bit easier. I am able to give it a place, but it is still difficult to think off. (especially at christmas times)

I read your other topic as well. (the post in older mums, hope you don't mind) is it possible for you to go back to England for a bit to get the support you need? I know your husband is working there, but you need to think about how you need to deal with it as well.
  • hey hun, am so sorry to read your story, i had a mmc at 12 weeks but i too passed my baby in hospital as i had med management and in some ways the image of it still haunts me image it was my first preg. everyone here is lovely though so welcome. xx
  • Welcome to our forum, even though it is so sad that you have had to join us. We are all very supportive here - I don't know what I would have done without these girls since September. I hope that I can offer you the same support as they gave me.

xxxSara
  • I am so sorry that you are here but welcome.

This forum has been such a help to me since my ectopic in september. I know it's not quite the same but all my family live a 5 hour drive away but it is quite isolating not having them near at times like this x x
  • I am so sorry that you are here but welcome.

This forum has been such a help to me since my ectopic in september. I know it's not quite the same but all my family live a 5 hour drive away but it is quite isolating not having them near at times like this x x
  • welcome kazzie, these are wonderful ladies and have helped me a great deal, hope they can help you to. sorry of your lose
  • hello and welcome, so sorry for your loss. It is hard talking about babies, mc and so on to people particularly if friends still living single life.

I'm new as well but the ladies here make everyone feel welcome:\)
  • So sorry that you are here but you are very welcome. Hopefully you won't be here for too long and will graduate to pregnancy image
    I really hope you find some of the support that you need here, I know that I did (I lost my 1st in August at 10 weeks, and had a very very early miscarriage last month)

We saw our baby at 7/8 weeks and I passed mine naturally too. I won't forget what the poor thing looked like.

Becky x
  • Hi luvvie

Just wanted to say sorry that you have had to go through this again. The ladies on here have been absolutely fantastic and offer great advice and understanding when it seems as it no one else cares.

Jodie xx
  • Thanks everyone

I feel better already getting it all off my chest, my husband isn't a very good listener and doesn't deal with tears at all so I have had to keep so much bottled up inside, for 14 hours a day, it's just me and my little girl so I have been trying to carry on as normal, finding time to play etc etc as bless her, she has no idea why I am so sad. I have spent so much time focusing on what they both want and need and haven't taken any time out for myself. I look like crap!!

I've lots to concentrate on this week, we are going home for Christmas and to be honest, I know there are going to be tears but I am looking forward to going back to see my family, I am just hoping that when I have my check up next week everything has cleared otherwise it will be a D&C and I may not be allowed to fly. That really would tip me over the edge!!

Thanks again for listening, here's hoping we all get what we want in the New Year xxxx
  • Oh Kazzie I'm so sorry. What a sad story and 4 heartbreaking mcs. I've had 2 mmcs so there was no baby and I cant imagine how upsetting that must have been to see a tiny baby.

I have a gorgeous son, 21 months, so that has made this mc easier to deal with as I know I can have healtly children (my first mmc was my first pg). But I'm terrified of having another mc.

Do give yourself some time to heal from this. Do you know anyone out there who may have been through mc in recent years? Maybe a good chat over a coffee with them mnight help. Or how about counselling? I'm doing counselling and I find it helps a bit.

Take care x x x